Diagnose-No Power/No Air Flowing In Rear Vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Mike w. You got lucky just like me. I went with the symptoms i first got that my daughter told me. i then poked at all wires and connectors from the resistor to the blower motor with my Multi meter.
The screen never changed. This gave me the confidence to pay Oriellys $104.76 for a new resistor. took just a few minutes to plug in, went up front to turn on ignition,no motor, and Wow the blower motor was loud and blowing very strong air. Wow this really blew my mind, so satisfying!

View attachment 260141 View attachment 260142
those resistors are a very common failure point.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Mike w. You got lucky just like me. I went with the symptoms i first got that my daughter told me. i then poked at all wires and connectors from the resistor to the blower motor with my Multi meter.
The screen never changed. This gave me the confidence to pay Oriellys $104.76 for a new resistor. took just a few minutes to plug in, went up front to turn on ignition,no motor, and Wow the blower motor was loud and blowing very strong air. Wow this really blew my mind, so satisfying!

View attachment 260141 View attachment 260142
Awesome! I was really hoping that blower motor resistor was what you needed. Glad it worked out! Your daughter should be pretty happy with you.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Rocket man,Mike w.,s33k3
wow i went from nervous, not knowing what to do, to having to go to oreillys four times, to cold air being blown into my face. sure felt really great.
thanks again.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Rocket man,Mike w.,s33k3
wow i went from nervous, not knowing what to do, to having to go to oreillys four times, to cold air being blown into my face. sure felt really great.
thanks again.
Welcome hey if you add the @ before a user name it will bring our names up and if you can alert us to the mention. Try it, type @ followed by the start of one of our names or even your own name. I’ll alert you @crabbman !

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a lot of stuff. How does one come into possession of such a variety of stuff?
it's just a accumulation from years of buying and selling I tend to buy more than I sell so I have a severe backlog. I could probably just list stuff for 5-6 months straight before running out of things to list, i'm guessing I probably have just as much stuff sitting here ready to list as I have already listed if not more. The problem is it is time consuming to research, test, clean, take photos, list it. on top of having to pack and ship what was bought during the day and have time to go out and buy more. currently I am only buying 2 days a week. I obviously cant check everything 100% but I do the best I can and my 99.9% feedback shows that I think. It pays the bills and I pad my pillow, and I get to play with a little, I am not going to get rich it has it's up's and down's, sometimes I have had barely anything to sell and others times triple what I am selling now. I wouldn't go work for anyone again unless they paid me REALLY well I like what I do I don't have a boss watching my every move. This Covid has slowed things down a bit the last 3-4 months I have just been treading water but I am not loosing anything and part of that is just a matter of how hard I work I have been admittedly pretty lazy as well.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's just a accumulation from years of buying and selling I tend to buy more than I sell so I have a severe backlog. I could probably just list stuff for 5-6 months straight before running out of things to list, i'm guessing I probably have just as much stuff sitting here ready to list as I have already listed if not more. The problem is it is time consuming to research, test, clean, take photos, list it. on top of having to pack and ship what was bought during the day and have time to go out and buy more. currently I am only buying 2 days a week. I obviously cant check everything 100% but I do the best I can and my 99.9% feedback shows that I think. It pays the bills and I pad my pillow, and I get to play with a little, I am not going to get rich it has it's up's and down's, sometimes I have had barely anything to sell and others times triple what I am selling now. I wouldn't go work for anyone again unless they paid me REALLY well I like what I do I don't have a boss watching my every move. This Covid has slowed things down a bit the last 3-4 months I have just been treading water but I am not loosing anything and part of that is just a matter of how hard I work I have been admittedly pretty lazy as well.
That’s cool. I pretty much just quit working when Covid hit. I could go back but I don’t think I will. It’s hard for an old guy to do. I’m not rich but I should be ok unless Amazon stock goes way downhill but it looks good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper