Detroit Axle Front End Rebuild Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 4" Rough Country truck lift, and am planning on installing it with coil spacers in the rear in the coming weeks (on a side note in my research I'm 90% sure the front lifts for the 4" and 6" kits for the 00-06 GM 1500s are exactly the same but that's for another thread). I know while it's apart I need to do some front end maintenance while it's apart, including resealing my front diff/fluid change, replace some of the components like ball joints and end links, as well as possibly my hubs and upgrading to the 07-13 1500 CV axles. I am currently looking at this kit https://www.amazon.com/New-10-Piece...+arms&qid=1589229579&s=automotive&sr=1-1&th=1.
Anyone have experience with this company? Seems to have a good price and warranty, and I don't have a huge budget.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 4" Rough Country truck lift, and am planning on installing it with coil spacers in the rear in the coming weeks (on a side note in my research I'm 90% sure the front lifts for the 4" and 6" kits for the 00-06 GM 1500s are exactly the same but that's for another thread). I know while it's apart I need to do some front end maintenance while it's apart, including resealing my front diff/fluid change, replace some of the components like ball joints and end links, as well as possibly my hubs and upgrading to the 07-13 1500 CV axles. I am currently looking at this kit https://www.amazon.com/New-10-Piece-Kit-10-Year-Warranty/dp/B01C8X6G2W/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=00-06+chevy+control+arms&qid=1589229579&s=automotive&sr=1-1&th=1.
Anyone have experience with this company? Seems to have a good price and warranty, and I don't have a huge budget.

GM OE uppers are $150 each, ACDelco Professional about half that and last half as long too. I can't imagine those lasting as long with a ball joint made that inexpensively; or able to take the punishment of off-road wheeling.

One of our members whose name escapes me made a post about this brand last year if memory serves. Anyone remember?

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM OE uppers are $150 each, ACDelco Professional about half that and last half as long too. I can't imagine those lasting as long with a ball joint made that inexpensively; or able to take the punishment of off-road wheeling.

One of our members whose name escapes me made a post about this brand last year if memory serves. Anyone remember?

UCAs are the one thing that I’m not really concerned about, the ones in the kit would be temporary. I plan on getting the freedom offroad rebuildable ones in the future. But I figure I should replace some of the other stuff. Maybe save some money and instead of getting a kit and just get a few moog components and leave the UCAs for now?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think this post from @rockola1971 might be what you’re thinking of.
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/detroit-axle-suspension-parts.115927/

SlimJim

Reaction score
Just picked up a 4" Rough Country truck lift, and am planning on installing it with coil spacers in the rear in the coming weeks (on a side note in my research I'm 90% sure the front lifts for the 4" and 6" kits for the 00-06 GM 1500s are exactly the same but that's for another thread). I know while it's apart I need to do some front end maintenance while it's apart, including resealing my front diff/fluid change, replace some of the components like ball joints and end links, as well as possibly my hubs and upgrading to the 07-13 1500 CV axles. I am currently looking at this kit https://www.amazon.com/New-10-Piece-Kit-10-Year-Warranty/dp/B01C8X6G2W/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=00-06+chevy+control+arms&qid=1589229579&s=automotive&sr=1-1&th=1.
Are the cv axles from a nnbs a direct fit? And what’s different about them?

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UCAs are the one thing that I’m not really concerned about, the ones in the kit would be temporary. I plan on getting the freedom offroad rebuildable ones in the future. But I figure I should replace some of the other stuff. Maybe save some money and instead of getting a kit and just get a few moog components and leave the UCAs for now?

Never seen those freedom off road UCAs before. They look nice and not terribly priced. :happy160:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e