Desperate Radio Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's under that bracket, #6 in the picture:

View attachment 198672

I think I know what happened. When I lifted up the console the bracket that holds the concise down under the seat went up with it. My guess (based on the diagram) I didn’t remove the screws inside the main compartment of the console (I’m guessing). This is why I didn’t see it when I was lifting it up.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Just to answer the sub question....

The factory amp is a 6 channel amp.

2 front channels
2 rear channels
2 sub woofer channels
Sub has dual voice coils with one channel of the amp per voice coil.

How long ago did you install the Kenwood HU???

I would go back and RECHECK all the connections behind the HU.

OP
OP
Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to answer the sub question....

The factory amp is a 6 channel amp.

2 front channels
2 rear channels
2 sub woofer channels
Sub has dual voice coils with one channel of the amp per voice coil.

How long ago did you install the Kenwood HU???

I would go back and RECHECK all the connections behind the HU.

So the head unit has been installed for about 14 months and I had ZERO issues for the first 8 months. When I got the truck and everything was factory, there would be times I’d get into the truck and I’d have zero sound. Or just the front. Which is why it leads me to believe it’s an amp problem. Also I have rechecked everything. Twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I see... so issues were there prior to HU swap... I would definitely suspect the amp then.

OP
OP
Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see... so issues were there prior to HU swap... I would definitely suspect the amp then.

Yes definitely issues. But not the ones I’m describing. I figure there probably just new and a continuation of the amp going bad.

AGAIN THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP. I can’t believe I missed the amp. Only thing I have to say is it’s hot in garages in FL. Sweat must have been in my eye.....

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is amp, perfect time to go aftermarket :) They make amps small enough to fit in that same space, especially if you dont need the bracket.

You mentioned the rear camera not working some times. That has nothing to do with the amp.

OP
OP
Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is amp, perfect time to go aftermarket :) They make amps small enough to fit in that same space, especially if you dont need the bracket.

You mentioned the rear camera not working some times. That has nothing to do with the amp.

That was fixed one the maestro was reflashed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone needs to know how to remove the console, let me know. Ive done it twice and got it down to a science lol.

OP
OP
Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's under that bracket, #6 in the picture:

View attachment 198672

Swathdiver, Since youve been one of the most active ppl on this thread i figured id update you. I bought the wrong amp, so thats awesome. Im sure you could image my frustration when i got it all apart and found this out. 1. more question, could me having a regular GM Speaker in one of my doors and not a Bose GM Speaker be an issue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts