Desperate Radio Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2009 Tahoe LTZ w/Bose radio.

I’ve been having issues the last few mo The with the aftermarket Kenwood radio. It also have the maestro modules retain factory.

Symptoms
-Cracks/pops
-Turns volume up 25%, one volume click down and its back to where it was.
-sometime Speakers go crazy, SUPER static and max volume on its own.
-Backup cam won’t come on from time to time

I’ve updated the firmware and checked all the connections. Radio work flawlessly for like 8 months. Is this a radio going bad or an Amp going bad or a Maestro Module going bad? Idk. Different symptoms point me in different directions.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would maybe google your radio model and look at reviews or complaints and see if there is any similarities? volume shouldn't be changing unless your changing it or hitting a steering wheel control button.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad volume control on the stereo itself.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amp could do all these things also, at least I would think. You could try direct wiring speakers to the head unit (if you have the capability) to eliminate the H/U. Past that I wouldn't know of an easy way to tell between the maestro unit and amp which could be bad.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think yates is right, sounds amp-ish related.....pull new HU and check all your connections especially grounds. Still have your factory radio? Swap it back in and see if the amp is still good.

OP
OP
Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think yates is right, sounds amp-ish related.....pull new HU and check all your connections especially grounds. Still have your factory radio? Swap it back in and see if the amp is still good.

I’m pretty sure it’s amp. When I first bought the truck used, there were times I’d get in the truck and have no sound. I’d then come back like 4/5 hours later and all would be good. Or I would t have front speakers. So imma try and grab an amp and try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ben Hinz

Ben Hinz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after buying an amp that says its for my truck and doing a good amount of research I do not have an amp?

Allow me to add some more info bc I’m just confused like you probably are. I had factory head unit with Navi and twitters are labeled Bose. So I just got done tearing my console out and there’s no amp......... so what the hell is the issue here? Where is the amp or do I not even have one?

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many times these issues arrive from a bad ground on the amp itself,.. as far as location,.. NBS should be in console,... nnbs might be in rear quarter.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Many times these issues arrive from a bad ground on the amp itself,.. as far as location,.. NBS should be in console,... nnbs might be in rear quarter.
With the nbs, isn't there some kind of amp above the glovebox?