Denali wood grain steering wheel trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coacht

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the wood grain trim piece on the heated steering wheel removable? It's in a 2013 Denali. I'm wanting to wrap all the wood grain in carbon fiber.

Denarli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to do the same on my 07, but was told that the wood trim piece on the steering wheel itself is not removable.

FamilyTruckster

Awesome Dude McChainsaw
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in either 2013 or the last of NN/old/BS 2014? (someone will have to double check) The Tahoe LTZ's got the full leather wrapped wheel with heated steering option (i'll do some digging and see if i still have the wheel's part number). I wanted a heated steering wheel in my 2012 silverado LTZ, but didnt want the wood grain trim ring, as my truck only had the brushed aluminum everywhere... hope that helps, let me know if that appeals to you and i will search for the P/N...

BigRig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The wood trim is removable. I've driven 20+ used GMT900 Denalis in the past month in my search for my fiancee's Denali, half of which the wood trim is separating from the wheel. You can pull the trim back and see the adhesive used to bond the trim. Does anyone know what adhesive was used, or that potentially would be stronger and hold up to the heat cycles?

Last edited:

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the wood grain trim piece on the heated steering wheel removable? It's in a 2013 Denali. I'm wanting to wrap all the wood grain in carbon fiber.

I wrapped it on the steering wheel. It was super easy. That was before I had a Denali. I ended up peeling it off and using it on my current truck. I did have to take off the plastic sides.

d8bbda49b667bbe1fd1bc3cc1838b6a9.jpg
2477d65737e7ddc06783f9b3f03484f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRig

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So no one knows of the preferred adhesive to use?

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wood trim is removable. I've driven 20+ used GMT900 Denalis in the past month in my search for my fiancee's Denali, half of which the wood trim is separating from the wheel. You can pull the trim back and see the adhesive used to bond the trim. Does anyone know what adhesive was used, or that potentially would be stronger and hold up to the heat cycles?

Old thread, I know. But my new-to-me 2012 Denali has a loose steering wheel insert. I'm thinking about just buying a leather cover, because I want the wheel to be a bit fatter. But in the short term, I'm annoyed by the wood piece squirming around under my hands. Anyone successfully re-glued theirs? I'll be the Guinea pig if I need to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny