Denali grille emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01pewterz28

Reaction score
I could not find the answer but I picked up an used OEM 18-20 Denali grille w/out the GMC emblem. My question is will my 18 GMC emblem from my SLT fit the 18-20 Denali grille or do I need to go order a new emblem..

thanks in advance

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. I’m not much help on this but you might see how it attaches to your old grill and look for the same hardware or mounting points on the new one. If there aren’t any and you need to drill holes you should be able to make it fit. Just a guess on my part.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be the same and will swap over from your SLT grill to your Denali grill no problem.

OP
OP

01pewterz28

Reaction score
Thanks I will find out this weekend I figure it should be the same but it's GM you never know... looking forward to installing the grille searched for a year to find out that did not cost me an arm and a leg...

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tape measure, dont worry about mounting studs, 3m double side emblem tape is some good stuff...just cover the entire rear area

OP
OP

01pewterz28

Reaction score
well I decided to go ahead and do the install after work took about an hour. The grille emblem is different for sure just need to see how to make this fit now. The SLE/SLT grille mounting area is flat vs. the one on the OEM Denali grille. I have the emblem on but it is not flush.

IMG_4415.jpg IMG_4423.jpg IMG_4426.jpg IMG_4429.jpg

OP
OP

01pewterz28

Reaction score
pretty sure I have found the issue the emblems are the same but the denali grille I have is missing the black plastic raised piece that goes in the grille area on the grille and the GMC emblem attaches to it. See attached photo of a OEM Denali grille I saw on Ebay you can see the black area under the emblem.. Mine did not come with that piece the owner kept the emblem w/ the black piece.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

OP
OP

01pewterz28

Reaction score
Does anyone work for a GM dealership see if I can purchase that piece seperate or if I can order the emblem and the piece comes with it..thanks

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the back of your black GMC emblem look like?

OP
OP

01pewterz28

Reaction score
What does the back of your black GMC emblem look like?

this is the back of the emblem it's the black mounting plate that I need that is missing. The Black mounting plate attaches to the grille and the emblem ataches to the mounting plate.
s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2) (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600.jpg

Last edited: