Denali 6.2 vs. Denali Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What extra cost are we talking about? People keep bringing it up but the Tahoe LTZ and Hybrid models are on par and I'd argue the Hybrid is the better value. How much more is the Hybrid Denali than the regular denali? escalade?

Like I've stated in my personal reviews, the Hybrid provides a better driving experience, looks (in the case of the Tahoe), and hey... markedly better mpgs.

Having owned both the 5.3, driven the 6.2 (albeit two years ago so not sure if anything's changed), I'd pick the Hybrid every time and advise people to make sure to check 'em all out before plunking down the cash or signing for the loan.

I'm specifically referring to the Yukon Denali Hybrid... they cost a LOT more then the average Yukon/Tahoe :imo:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm specifically referring to the Yukon Denali Hybrid... they cost a LOT more then the average Yukon/Tahoe :imo:

Yukon Denali costs about the same as Yukon Denali Hybrid
Tahoe LTZ costs about the same as Tahoe Hybrid

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm really? I'm looking at the gmc website right now and a 2013 Yukon Denali starts at $55,360 whereas a Denali Hybrid starts at $60,635. It's even more of a difference when it comes to used vehicles too... I would've bought a Hybrid if I could've found a reasonably priced one but they retain their value pretty well.

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you add the accessory 22s to the Denali that the Hybrid comes stock with you're almost there.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah well I guess you're right about adding the oem 22's to the regular denali. The price gap between the used Denali's and Denali Hybrid's for the same year/miles IS much larger though (even with oem 22's). i couldn't even come close to finding a used denali hybrid for $35k when I was looking last year. They were all well into the $45k+ range... whereas the same version non-hybrid denali's were all over the place in the $35k range.

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's funny how rides that you care about suddenly become plentiful on public roads as i see a lot more gm hybrids now than i ever cared to distinguish pre-hybrid ownership.

neways

my point is there isn't this hybrid $ penalty when you actually look at what you're getting for the price. it'll be a step up if you're an LT/base model guy (avis) since you'll be "forced" to pick up the extra options since there is no hybrid model that doesn't come with the extra trimmings like leather, nav and better audio. all the new inventory hybrids in my area are 4wd which further bumps up the cover charge.

lazy car reviewers will bring it up on stupid youtube reviews and more lazy people will perpetuate the invalid opinion as fact that somehow the hybrid is this super expensive special model w/ snazzy new tech from mars.

the one and only reason why the hybrid drivetrain became a real choice for me are two fold: 1) they're on par reliability wise; 2) depreciation curve isn't worse than non-hybrids.

if towing isn't your forte where you need all the poundage you can pull, it's really a very good thing gm did by giving us more power, quieter ride, with 30%+ better efficiency. i range from 18-19mpg even with my 22x9.5s non-granny driving. if i ran my stock 18s, i'm now confident i'd be staring at 20+mpg on the dic all day everyday.

p.s. in my personal search it was next to impossible to find a mint condition gm full size cuz they're beat to death by family use (totally cool that's what they're for) or modded ghettofab style which is even worse. all the right winged oem leaning enthusiasts here should form a club to sell to each other. felix, serge recruits # 1 and 2 hehe

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:lol2: I would SO join that club haha. My escalade gets 11.1 MPG's according to the DIC so I'm really hoping that the new '14+ models get better mileage. If they don't, I might stick with a later model GMT900 hybrid like the Yukon Denali hybrid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz