Decided to keep and now want info/recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You could also do a vette servo for firmer trans shifts.

So I am assuming that you are talking about, what I found at Rock Auto, what is called a servo kit and is identified as this, "SONNAX 7770104K {#S74905H} 2nd Gear "Corvette" Ratio Servo Kit". I am also assuming it is easily accessible when trans pan is dropped. I would of course do a new filter and fluid while apart. The part at Rock Auto is $38.79 plus shipping.

Just came back from putting new tires on the rig. Decided on keeping and using the original alloy wheels. I am also getting a new front bumper, just the chrome part that the license bolts to. It is at Rock Auto too.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So I am assuming that you are talking about, what I found at Rock Auto, what is called a servo kit and is identified as this, "SONNAX 7770104K {#S74905H} 2nd Gear "Corvette" Ratio Servo Kit". I am also assuming it is easily accessible when trans pan is dropped. I would of course do a new filter and fluid while apart. The part at Rock Auto is $38.79 plus shipping.

Just came back from putting new tires on the rig. Decided on keeping and using the original alloy wheels. I am also getting a new front bumper, just the chrome part that the license bolts to. It is at Rock Auto too.

I suggest Oregon Performamce for your servo. You don't need to drop the pan to do it, bit you will lose fluid. I did it while I had it empty for a filter change. Read this.

https://blog.oregonperformancetransmission.com/

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, I never drove over to Florence to see it but I heard and read all about it. Nasty.

Turns out that is one from before I moved here but that problem has repeated on the Oregon coast in Florence and Coos Bay as well and likely other places.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am really looking forward to each test drive after the work I have planned. I belong to my American Legion post here locally and a female member there has a 2005 Tahoe. It is Bermuda Blue Metallic paint and when it is cleaned up it is great looking. She wants to be there when I do these upgrades and may do some on her own Tahoe.

She is in to her vehicles. True story. She has an all original 1965 Mustang that is the factory green color original paint. Original steel mag looking factory wheels. Factory original luggage rack on top of trunk cover. Convertible, factory 4 speed on the floor. That alone is very rare. 289 engine. Everything works and is in great condition. We have a car show at the post every year, actually had it 2 months ago, and she always displays the car. It always has the biggest crowds around it. Lots of oooohs and aaaahs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic