Dave's 2006 Escalade AWD Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've got a clean Escalade to work with, love the Caddy white that's the color I wanted but just couldn't do the light interior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks brother! Your's is clean as well, I have a love/hate relationship with black trucks (I've owned two black Silverado SS trucks and now have a black Equinox company vehicle) and yeah tan isn't normally my first color choice since it shows dirt so easily but since GM didn't start offering black interiors until the NNBS model line, tan it is!

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful esky bro.
That white is so damn clean.
In for progress.
Thank you! Love your Tahoe as well! As I said before the NBS trucks/SUVs are my favorite. I actually tried to sell the wife on a NBS 2500 Suburban so I coould eventually do a Duramax swap into it but she shot me down, lol

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with the truck home sweet home, it was time to start addressing the issues it had that I knew would also cause it to fail MA state inspection! First item on that list was the foglights, which arrived the day I got the truck home (thanks Amazon Prime!):

Before:

hld1BSQ.jpg

ZZBUufv.jpg

7xx0ehS.jpg

After:

aRSe57r.jpg

Much better! Although I still have to adjust their aim and upgrade the bulbs to LEDs but that'll come later!

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so the mod bug has bite me hard with this truck and doing a full interior and exterior LED swap is high on the priority list to clean up the appearance, but in the spirit of wanting to address the issues needed to get her to pass state inspection, I opted to just go down to my local Advance Auto Parts (I know, I know, don't flame me) and picked up these guys for the tag lights:

JhzloLA.jpg

I'm honestly pretty impressed with the light output and color! I might use these for more application locations that they are available in for my truck:

LCfnG1B.jpg

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 03 with 112k awd. Same color, so far all I've done is remote start, airaid Jr with drop in k&n, led fogs, tinted the driver and passenger windows and 22s. It's nice to see another 2nd gen esky!

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the issues the 3rd party inspection identified that wasn't disclosed by the dealership was that the battery was on it's very last legs so I decided to go with an Optima Redtop with future stereo mods expandability and "big 3" wiring upgrades in mind:

HwVUzVo.jpg

During removal of the old battery I discovered that the battery tray was severely corroded:

RFv7Pg0.jpg

That obviously wouldn't do and fortunately I had a new OEM battery tray sitting in my garage (originally purchased for my SS but hadn't gotten around to installing it yet):

GbGDRmL.jpg

MUCH better! And now for the battery installed:

jonVHrf.jpg

I'm sure some of you are wondering the same thing I was when I saw it: "what's that small guage red power cable coming off the positive terminal?" Well a little investigation revealed it to be the haphazardly installed power supply line for the rear entertainment system :eek: Needless to say, it's added to the list of things to address!

Last edited:

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so the mod bug has bite me hard with this truck and doing a full interior and exterior LED swap is high on the priority list to clean up the appearance, but in the spirit of wanting to address the issues needed to get her to pass state inspection, I opted to just go down to my local Advance Auto Parts (I know, I know, don't flame me) and picked up these guys for the tag lights:

JhzloLA.jpg

I'm honestly pretty impressed with the light output and color! I might use these for more application locations that they are available in for my truck:

LCfnG1B.jpg

I use the Phillips ones for my plate lights rest of the LED's I got from superbrightleds.com

e92990721550a93272364e0b8aeb9012.jpg

f61c187fb58cd9c27a39a9ea35da0b66.jpg

da03b5122ae7bea8e9dc03ab6bfec4e2.jpg

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with the truck home sweet home, it was time to start addressing the issues it had that I knew would also cause it to fail MA state inspection! First item on that list was the foglights, which arrived the day I got the truck home (thanks Amazon Prime!):

Before:

hld1BSQ.jpg

ZZBUufv.jpg

7xx0ehS.jpg

After:

aRSe57r.jpg

Much better! Although I still have to adjust their aim and upgrade the bulbs to LEDs but that'll come later!

I got the same lights off Amazon run these for your LED fogs

b78348ed10bf788486f105876f3e6b3c.jpg

OP
OP
Onebadsss

Onebadsss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 03 with 112k awd. Same color, so far all I've done is remote start, airaid Jr with drop in k&n, led fogs, tinted the driver and passenger windows and 22s. It's nice to see another 2nd gen esky!
Nice man! Do you have a build thread going? If not post up some pcis of that bad boy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas_Made