Dash lighting so dim can't read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my dimmer settings in my truck sometimes stays DIM for a few hours before it finally realizes it’s day light out. I am under the impression the sensor behind mirror or that bubble on the dash is dirty and just needs some windex and a wipe
sensor on the mirror is for mirror dimming only, does not have anything to do with lighting, the little bubble in the front center on the dash is the sunlight sensor.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a similar problem. New battery. When driving, the dash lights dim when I'm in the shade, turned away from the sun, and then brighten when I turn into the sun. What could be making it do this.
there is a little plastic bubble sticking up in the front center of the dash, be sure it is clean and nothing obstructing it and check that has not fell down inside the dash. it sits in a little clip to hold it up. if it has fallen you can get to it and push it back up but you have to take some trim pieces off first.

KFPanda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a similar problem. 2017 Tahoe LT. New battery. When driving, the dash lights dim when I'm in the shade, turned away from the sun, and then brighten when I turn into the sun. What could be making it do this? Very annoying when trying to read my navigation map. I can't see it when it dims.
Sounds like the dimmer is set really low. When you are going into shade the truck is probably turning on headlights and setting instrumentation lights to night mode based on what the dimmer switch is set at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec