Dash Cracked and Console Torn, Need Replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. Cracked dash in my 2008 Z71 Tahoe. I've heard some people say that if you armorol it, and don't continue to armorol it regularly it will cause it to crack. Don't know if there is any truth to this or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The part is a piece of crap.

Gm suxks.

Plain and simple.

I have owned about 18 cars over the years. None except my suburban and Yukon XML have had this issue.

spdn4fun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe Z71 with 2 major cracks in the dash! Very disappointing on a vehicle that is barely 3 years old.

akbrener

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I PM'd Jennifer a few days ago, she worked quick, got a call from the local dealership today to set an appointment to bring it in for inspection. No discussion on cost assistance, but we'll see how it goes. I know I didnt buy it new, but still a 20K used truck thats 5 years old shouldn't have this happening, my 1990 accord had 250K miles and was 22 years old when it was sent to the crusher with no cracks in any interior. I feel worse for you guys who bought new at 50K or more

spdn4fun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too had PMd Jennifer and got a quick response. Although she did her part, I was not at all happy with the outcome. GM uses some calculator based on year and mileage on the vehicle. So although mines only 3 years old, but has 89k miles, I'm pretty much SOL. The call I got front the Service Manager said the cost would be $550 and GM would only pay $50 based on the so called "calculator". $50, seriously! He also said that if I wanted to go directly through the dealership versus through GM, they'd split the cost. So I'd be paying $275. Although I bought the vehicle used from a Chevrolet dealership, pretty sad $50 is all GM had to offer on a 3 year old vehicle. As I told Jennifer, something like this should not be based on mileage since it is not a moving part. Now had it been a mechanical issue, yes, I'd agree with mileage being a factor. But a cracked dash, that is a KNOWN problem, I disagree. You'd really think GM would step up and make these a recall with as many complaints they've had. Very disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brooklyn hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have 2 cracks in my dash. Since GM is in the hot seat at the moment shouldn't we take this moment to get our trucks fixed for free or at least come together and file a class action law suit. Just my 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160