Dark interior at night?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nac315

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just picked up my new Tahoe and I absolutely love it. Was hardwiring my radar detector tonight and it seemed to me the car was very dark inside. I looked around for a dome light and noticed it didn't have one - all it has are some directional map lights and a bunch of dim accent LEDs around the cabin.

Obviously this is not a huge deal, but it struck me as an oversight I would never have thought to look for. Anyone else have the same impression or am I just too picky?

Cesaruk13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey... well i have an issue when i have people in my 03 tahoe, they can not find the door handles so i im thinking about installing accent leds inside the doors..

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ours works well. I love how the kids can have their lights on in the second row and it does not impact me seeing out through the windshield at night.
I have no problem reading a book in the drivers seat at night when parked.

We also have front tinted windows. Would that in some way contain light?????

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Just picked up my new Tahoe and I absolutely love it. Was hardwiring my radar detector tonight and it seemed to me the car was very dark inside. I looked around for a dome light and noticed it didn't have one - all it has are some directional map lights and a bunch of dim accent LEDs around the cabin.

Obviously this is not a huge deal, but it struck me as an oversight I would never have thought to look for. Anyone else have the same impression or am I just too picky?

I just installed a red/white LED cop dome light in my 2011 SSV. It had one in it but they removed it before I got the truck. There was a nice imprint from it so I had to get something. Easy enough to re-install. I got th light o ebay for under 40 bucks.
SoundOff Signal ECVDMLT00 Universal White Incandescent Red LED Night Light.

IMG_20150926_144122.jpg IMG_20150926_171018.jpg IMG_20150909_065801.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J2PDeweese