Dark Grey Matte wrapped 2007 LTZ Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve_1357

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice job, looks awesome! I have been debating over vinyl wrapping or dipping for some time, but after seeing your work I'm really leaning towards wrapping!

For the front bumper, did you do inlays for the fog light and tow hook recesses? Could you take a few close up pics of those areas?

OP
OP
Slurpglass

Slurpglass

Reaction score
Nice job, looks awesome! I have been debating over vinyl wrapping or dipping for some time, but after seeing your work I'm really leaning towards wrapping!

For the front bumper, did you do inlays for the fog light and tow hook recesses? Could you take a few close up pics of those areas?

Yup, you’re exactly right. Inlays first then the whole bumper (that’s how I was taught). All together there is 7 pieces of vinyl just for the front bumper alone. The trick is to hide the seams, and ensure they agree to fluid dynamics/ airflow (you don’t want the vinyl lifting because it “scoops” the air or rain). I’ll post pics shortly.

FYI- front bumpers are the hardest objects to wrap on cars, so mine is by no means perfect. Actually might order more material and redo it in a few months.

As for plastidip- don’t waste your time. You’ll be redoing it in less than a year, and it’s hard to get an even coat. Been there done that on my old Subaru BRZ stock wheels.

beb7c8a6faac776b25f77e4a58cd3a61.jpg

2b36a83b7b9d86f1a7d309d54bf6181c.jpg

Please keep in mind, my daily commute is 120miles, so yeah, my front bumper goes through hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Steve_1357

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
NICE!!!

You can't even see the inlays unless you're doing a prostate exam on the recesses!

Also, nice job on "glassing" those dents and scuffs, those areas tend to be the starting point for vinyl lift due to trapped air... my bumper looks the same, I was thinking I'd have to glaze and prep the dents and scuffs first before I wrap, but now I'm thinking not.

Thanks again for the pics and info, you've inspired me to go with the wrap!

OP
OP
Slurpglass

Slurpglass

Reaction score
NICE!!!

You can't even see the inlays unless you're doing a prostate exam on the recesses!

Also, nice job on "glassing" those dents and scuffs, those areas tend to be the starting point for vinyl lift due to trapped air... my bumper looks the same, I was thinking I'd have to glaze and prep the dents and scuffs first before I wrap, but now I'm thinking not.

Thanks again for the pics and info, you've inspired me to go with the wrap!

Oh, a lot of elbow grease was put into the front bumper to smooth out the blemishes. In my eyes, it’s a truck- so a few scratches and war scars are fine by my book. It just needs to be smooth and clean for vinyl installation. Thanks for the kind words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e