Dark Ash Metallic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctalison

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking at a new 2023 Dark Ash Metallic High Country. First question is whether the Titanium Rush on the Yukon is the exact same color? As far as the Tahoe I am looking at, I really like the car but throwing me off that in some light purple seems to come out. For those who have this color, have you been happy with it and have you seen the same thing? Prefer not to have any purple hues but not sure how much I would see that. Such a big purchase and last thing I am wrestling with. Thank you

EdTom

Reaction score
I am looking at a new 2023 Dark Ash Metallic High Country. First question is whether the Titanium Rush on the Yukon is the exact same color? As far as the Tahoe I am looking at, I really like the car but throwing me off that in some light purple seems to come out. For those who have this color, have you been happy with it and have you seen the same thing? Prefer not to have any purple hues but not sure how much I would see that. Such a big purchase and last thing I am wrestling with. Thank you
I’m going with a 2024 Tahoe and I’ve wrestled with a color selection. I’ve owned every generation of Tahoe, my current one is Tungsten Grey which really suits me. I just can’t get my arms around the purple hue of DAM. They don’t make it easy, think I’m going with the Sterling Gray Metallic, and that’s reluctantly.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the lighting makes all the difference. Just like shadow grey metallic and satin steel metallic.

im really partial to blue but I think I’d like sterling grey as well
i love my wife’s 23 in the red.

thegrunter

Reaction score
I love the Dark Ash Metallic. I do see a little purple tint under certain lighting. I was ready to wrap the chrome bits black, but I saw a RST Dark Ash Metallic and didn't like the rear with just the bow tie chrome. I looked at mine with the chrome stripe and black bowtie and I like how it looks like the bowtie looking like the flowtie where its just a hole. I decided to keep the chrome. The front might look better blacked-out with the grill, but the back just looked so blah with a bit of chrome bowtie. I'm really happy with it because it's not Black where dirt shows so easily. The metallic also helps blend the dust. Black is just so dusty 13 days of a 2 week wash cycle. Black only looks good 1 day.

Last edited:

dc968

Reaction score
I got a 2023 Dark Ash High Country a little over a month ago (in shop past 2 weeks - different thread) coming out of a 2017 Tungsten Premier. The DA is definitely a bit lighter than the Tungsten, but not much. I‘ve found the purple tint only comes out in very limited lighting situations and never walked up to it and thought “I bought a purple truck”. Overall I like it.

NothEastTahoe

Reaction score
I like that color alot and I don't see the slight purple as a downside. So many colors are just grey and its BLAH. That is a beautiful color and can have some fun when the lighting is right.

Remember, Purple is the color of royalty ha!

Tahole

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_6473.jpeg IMG_6470.jpeg

Top is dark ash and bottom is the blue. Dark ash looks like metallic black with some purple, doesn’t look grey to me. The blue looks like black until you’re up close. Kinda reminds me of bmws carbon black

Both are awesome colors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts