Dark Ash Metallic 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdTom

Reaction score
Hello All,

Still waiting on an allocation for a RST Tahoe. They’ve given me way to much time to contemplate a color selection. All the Tahoes I’ve purchased in the past have been dark gray (tungsten). Not sure about this current Dark Ash hue? Anyone with any experience with this color positive or negative I’d appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the color. I was torn between the dam and midnight blue. MB won because I’m a blue kind of guy.

n4gkj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 2023 highcountry in "dam"... i like the color... sometimes it looks dark gray, sometimes it looks purple... just depends on the lighting...

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I LOVE the color of mine. Yes you get hints of purple or sometimes blue, but the metallic Grey pops all the time. Looks sharp day and night. I get lots of compliments in my area and haven't seen any others in dark ash. Got mine with black interior.

2022 Z71 6.2L with sunroof

OP
OP
E

EdTom

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I’m not a big purple guy but it doesn’t appear offensive when I see it on Silverado pick ups. Doubt I’m getting an allocation for a 23 at this point. I’ll have some more time to think about it before I order a 24 in September

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wd or 4wd?

here's a 2wd

4wd

these are on the lot but definitely can find options via Chevy's online locator, a lot in transit. Could spend about 15-20 mins sending emails via the dealer's website asking about availability

n4gkj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
here is my dark ash highcountry on the day i picked it up... weather was overcast and nasty.... dealer had just unloaded it from the truck....IMG_0745.jpeg

dc968

Reaction score
here is my dark ash highcountry on the day i picked it up... weather was overcast and nasty.... dealer had just unloaded it from the truck....View attachment 405710
Looks like the one I just picked up today. High country deluxe, adaptive cruise and Duramax. Quite impressed coming out of a 2017 Premier.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I’m not a big purple guy but it doesn’t appear offensive when I see it on Silverado pick ups. Doubt I’m getting an allocation for a 23 at this point. I’ll have some more time to think about it before I order a 24 in September
I'm not a purple guy either. I really wanted a matte charcoal, but this just sang out. You have to see it in person under a few different lighting options to know. Its different at night (almost black), sunny (hints of blue or purple), overcast or indoors (just charcoal).

dc968

Reaction score
I'm not a purple guy either. I really wanted a matte charcoal, but this just sang out. You have to see it in person under a few different lighting options to know. Its different at night (almost black), sunny (hints of blue or purple), overcast or indoors (just charcoal).
Seems like it’s not quite as dark in sunlight (a bit more blue/purple as noted) as my 2017 Tungsten metallic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10