Custom Stereo install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bJames04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, first post here. I recently picked up an 04 Denali and will be using it as a DD. I need some help with install ideas for my equipment. I'll be running a 3 way active front. This is a list of my equipment:

Focal FPS 120.4 - mids and tweets
Focal FPS 230.2 - mid bass
Zapco STX-6 2000.1 - sub amp

Tweets - 1'' Scanspeak d3004
Mids - 4'' Scanspeak 10f
Mid bass - 8'' Stevens MB8-2's (might switch to 6.5'' and mount in kick panels)

Sub - 1 Sundown SA12-DVC2 (running it at 1ohm)

Processor - Helix DSP.3

The sub amp is mounted to the enclosure. I like having the option of just pulling the sub if the extra cargo space is needed. The front stage sounds pretty good on its on :)

Can't determine where I should mount the other 2 amps, unfortunately they are not small amps, other wise I would try and hide them. I do not compete or like to show my equipment off, if I could everything would be hidden. The middle row has captain seats, but I don't think there is enough room under them. Thought about mounting to the back of the captain seats, but hate that idea. Any pics of clean amp racks??

Front speakers should be pretty straight forward. Mids and tweets will go in A pillar pods and the mid bass will go into the kick panels. Don't feel like messing with the doors much...

I will be running a 2nd battery (Reiken JB817) hopefully the stock alternator will hang on for awhile...lol. I'm sure I'll do the Big 3 upgrade but might be a month or two.

Appreciate any feedback or ideas....thanks!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like you are well on your way. I love Focal speakers, and I have them in my DD. Super sound reproduction, IMO, but I could not justify the additional expense in my Yukon.

Regarding amp placement, check out the space inside the driver side rear side plastic enclosure, just in front of the jack, as that is where I installed my two amps in my Yukon. My amps are not very large, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons