CTS-V engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone knows if we could put a CTS-V supercharged engine in our trucks.

I'm not going to, I don't have $12,000 to blow on an engine, but those things have a ton of power and would be a lot of fun. :D

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Virtually the same thing as putting a supercharger on a 6.2l.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
So would it be cheaper to get a 6.2 and supercharger separately? I don't know how much either would run on their own.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So would it be cheaper to get a 6.2 and supercharger separately? I don't know how much either would run on their own.

It would be cheaper to take a 6L block and throw a turbo on it. Your biggest problem would be the transmission.

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the original cts-v were just ls6s, you could drop one of those right in. but im not real familiar with the new supercharged ones. but i agree with robbie, just boost ur lq4, itll make 1000hp

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was curious more than anything. I'm rapidly approaching 200k miles, so I'm starting to worry my engine is going to crap out on me...lol.

I won't be supercharging anything anytime soon, I just like to dream big. :D

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get a replacement lq4, have it waiting in the garage, and spray your current motor with a 200 shot

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for 12k you have a ton of options. and FI LS can make a ton of power and you can find used LS sets for dirt and rebuild with performance.. then atleast a 4L80 possibly the 4l65 if you can find one. but TRANS is your weak link that is for sure...

buddy build a 800 HP LS1 with twin T60s in his 93RX7 and i think he has about 6 in that setup.. and it is.... how do i put this... well just have your head firmly on the head rest before boost builds.. and i have seen it own a ZO6 .. he is in process of breaking the 1000 mark once th enext level of mods happens.. he races solo1 track..

so many people forget that you dont have to have a motor thats ment for that car.. just one that fits... like a LS powered Miata... yes you can do it.. jsut takes some work and $$$.. but it makes one hell of a sleeper

1122049458-my-ls1-v8-miata-project-pix-miata-small.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia