Cruise control not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DStockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cruise control quit working. The button to turn it on is lighting up on the steering wheel but it doesn't light up on the dash and won't work. It was working every once in awhile and now it won't at all. This is on a Denali. Any ideas?

DWray20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What year is your Denali? My 08 Sierra has been doing the same thing. I found when I pull up on my break pedal I usually can get it to work, but not everytime. Not a fix but a trick you can try. And maybe a direction to look into.

onelovechicago

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your break lights. any of the bulbs burnt out? most common cause for the cruise control error

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check your break lights. any of the bulbs burnt out? most common cause for the cruise control error

x2

also, do you by chance have LED tail lights? That will do it too if the right resistors aren't there...

OP
OP
D

DStockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All lights in tails are working and they are factory tail lights

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All lights in tails are working and they are factory tail lights

Mine starting doing that 6 months ago....I would kick the brake pedal to get it to start working again. Finally got so bad I replaced the sensor that is connected to the brake pedal and it works like a champ now. Part is like $11 att eh dealership and you can replace it yourself.

See thread below - It's called (I think) Brakelight Switch when you go to the parts dept.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27481

OP
OP
D

DStockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do u know the part number? The dealer is trying to.charge me $40.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do u know the part number? The dealer is trying to.charge me $40.

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-D1539J-Stop-Switch-Assembly/dp/B001KSGJKQ

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Mine did it too...it is the switch in the brake pedal.

It's mounted between your brake pedal and the firewall....once you get under the dash, you'll see it once you have the new one in your hand

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Looks like this

311vYE8KZJL._SS500_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar