Crazycrew's 2017 Sierra Mod Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not sure about it. May have to use actual cinder blocks, cause the bricks I have are more like a soft clay. The psi washer easily eats em up if not careful

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Muriatic won’t dissolve bricks or cause them to bleed into the plastic? I wondered about that when I thought of trying this method but it didn’t matter since I never found a container big enough for the Denali grill. I thought about making a frame out of wood and using heavy plastic sheeting to hold the acid.

Muriatic acid is commonly used to clean concrete, so it shouldn't dissolve the brick. I guess I should've specified concrete block and not brick, though. In my mind, I was thinking of the stack of gray, solid concrete blocks I have behind my shop. They're about the same size as standard red bricks. Regardless, this is a factor to consider. Or maybe staining the grille wouldn't matter since it's gonna be painted anyway? You just need the acid to etch the chrome so primer and paint will adhere.

But, I do like your idea of making a frame and laying in some plastic. That'd be super easy, cheap, could be made to just the right size and easily disassembled and disposed of or repurposed when done.

Kiddie pools came to mind cuz Dollar General sells them for around $5 and he lives really close to one. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE