Crazycrew's 2017 Sierra Mod Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably not a 16+

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just went back and checked. It's not like yours. I dismissed it as soon as I saw it wasn't a NNBS GMC grille. Shopping for one for a friend.

Your grille looks better than whatever that style is, anyway! Now I gotta go back a page and try to picture it colormatched.

OP
OP
C

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I still haven't found a tub/container long enough to soak the grill. The large grill surrounding is about 49“. I was thinking an underbed shallow storage container (plastic). I need something shallow so I don't have to buy 8, ******* gallons of muriatic acid, lol.

Also, I wanna do something with the chrome "windows" on my wheels. They're plastic, so powdercoating them is out of the question. I hadn't realized how may different versions of these were available until I actually got them. Most gmc wheels are one color, with no windows. [emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369]. Crazy ass gm

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I still haven't found a tub/container long enough to soak the grill. The large grill surrounding is about 49“. I was thinking an underbed shallow storage container (plastic). I need something shallow so I don't have to buy 8, ******* gallons of muriatic acid, lol.

Also, I wanna do something with the chrome "windows" on my wheels. They're plastic, so powdercoating them is out of the question. I hadn't realized how may different versions of these were available until I actually got them. Most gmc wheels are one color, with no windows. [emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369]. Crazy ass gm

Kiddie pool from Dollar General? I know such items are far out of season, but they may still have some floating around their storage.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throw some bricks in there next to the top and bottom of the grille to take up space and square-off the usable pool area? I'd guess that 4-5 average bricks would replace a gallon of liquid.

Do you need the acid full-strength or can you dilute it with water, like at a 1:4 ratio?

OP
OP
C

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I posted this here, lol.

I was told by the guy who had done a few that he uses full strength. I'm sure I can add a little water if I need it just to cover a little bit. I found it at lowes for about $5.5/gal.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Throw some bricks in there next to the top and bottom of the grille to take up space and square-off the usable pool area? I'd guess that 4-5 average bricks would replace a gallon of liquid.

Do you need the acid full-strength or can you dilute it with water, like at a 1:4 ratio?
Muriatic won’t dissolve bricks or cause them to bleed into the plastic? I wondered about that when I thought of trying this method but it didn’t matter since I never found a container big enough for the Denali grill. I thought about making a frame out of wood and using heavy plastic sheeting to hold the acid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh