Couple Questions after pulling the RPO codes on my 04 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrdellRobbie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is the first truck i have ever bought and just trying to find out a little more information about it. I pulled the RPO codes but to be honest I am having trouble telling the difference between factory and added options. Bought this to camp/carry canoes to and from the river. Possibly adding a pop up camper in the future. Really just wondering if I have a tow package or not and maybe what I could comfortably tow with this rig

I will post a link to the full list of codes in the comments in case I leave anything out.

Some of the codes that I was curious about are:
C5U GVW RATING - 6800 LBS
FK2 TORSION BAR SPRING ADJUSTMENT
FK3 TORSION BAR SPRING ADJUSTMENT
G65 LEVEL CONTROL MANSELF ADJUSTIN
GU6 REAR AXLE 3.42 RATIO
JH2 BRAKE HYD POWER, DISC/DISC
K34 CRUISE CONTROL ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROL WITH RESUME SPEED
KG3 145 AMP ALTERNATOR
KNP HD AUX TRANS. COOLING SYS
KUP THROTTLE CONTROL ELECTRONIC
L59 VORTEC 5300 V8 FLEX FUEL ENGINE
M30 4-SPD AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 4-SPD AUTO TRANS W/ OVERDRIVE AND ELECTRONIC CONTROL
VR4 WEIGHT DISTRIB. PLATFORM HITCH
YD6 BASE REAR SPRING
YE9 LS TRIM SILVERADO
Z82 TRAILERING EQUIPMENT INCLUDES: * TRAILERING HITCH PLATFORM * 7-LEAD WIRING CONNECTOR * TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER HD TRAILERING EQUIPMENT
ZW7 PREMIUM RIDE SUSPENSION
SLT EQUIP CHEV 'LT' SALES PKG

When I originally bought this I was under the impression it had the 4.8L V8 but after messaging chevy and getting the RPO codes it is showing the 5.3L. The rest of the Codes are what i believe have to do with suspension/tow capacity but for all I know those could all be factory options.

View attachment 231325

68667413_450351355550901_1213791194169999360_n.jpg 69618273_399414397377789_185781030886572032_n.jpg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
This is the first truck i have ever bought and just trying to find out a little more information about it. I pulled the RPO codes but to be honest I am having trouble telling the difference between factory and added options. Bought this to camp/carry canoes to and from the river. Possibly adding a pop up camper in the future. Really just wondering if I have a tow package or not and maybe what I could comfortably tow with this rig

I will post a link to the full list of codes in the comments in case I leave anything out.

GU6 REAR AXLE 3.42 RATIO
KG3 145 AMP ALTERNATOR
M30 4-SPD AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 4-SPD AUTO TRANS W/ OVERDRIVE AND ELECTRONIC CONTROL
YD6 BASE REAR SPRING
YE9 LS TRIM SILVERADO
Z82 TRAILERING EQUIPMENT INCLUDES: * TRAILERING HITCH PLATFORM * 7-LEAD WIRING CONNECTOR * TRANSMISSION OIL COOLER HD TRAILERING EQUIPMENT

When I originally bought this I was under the impression it had the 4.8L V8 but after messaging chevy and getting the RPO codes it is showing the 5.3L. The rest of the Codes are what i believe have to do with suspension/tow capacity but for all I know those could all be factory options.

View attachment 231325

View attachment 231324 View attachment 231327
If it's printed /added on your RPO sheet, then it was built with it.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

GU6 REAR AXLE 3.42 RATIO
KG3 145 AMP ALTERNATOR
YD6 BASE REAR SPRING
YE9 LS TRIM SILVERADO

View attachment 231325

View attachment 231324 View attachment 231327

I would say you have the towing package.

What does the sticker on your door that give GVWR say? That will give you your weight capacities.

OP
OP
OrdellRobbie

OrdellRobbie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it's printed /added on your RPO sheet, then it was built with it.
I know it was a noob question, I was just unsure what the tow package actually consist of or if my build was more stock. I guess i just had no baseline to go off of.

OP
OP
OrdellRobbie

OrdellRobbie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I would say you have the towing package.

What does the sticker on your door that give GVWR say? That will give you your weight capacities.

The sticker on the inside of the driver door is a little faded unfortunately.
71081530_1089377201258136_3647257825144471552_n.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645