Hi Evrybahdi (Dr Nick). '12 Tahoe lowered (Hector)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Drwinlied!

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone absolutely mangled their door into mine the other day. Could see it as soon as I walked out of the grocery store, clear as day, even through the 1" thick layer of salt from winter roads. I hate people.

On the plus side it is on the drivers door which was the best door on the whole thing.

Then today the rear lift gate stops working. Can still use manually but fob, interior, or rear latch button don't work. Not sure if cold/snow/ice related or not, but I'm sure none of that stuff helps. I'll give him a wash but tomorrow its supposed to be like -30degrees so probably not for a few days haha.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone absolutely mangled their door into mine the other day. Could see it as soon as I walked out of the grocery store, clear as day, even through the 1" thick layer of salt from winter roads. I hate people.

On the plus side it is on the drivers door which was the best door on the whole thing.

Then today the rear lift gate stops working. Can still use manually but fob, interior, or rear latch button don't work. Not sure if cold/snow/ice related or not, but I'm sure none of that stuff helps. I'll give him a wash but tomorrow its supposed to be like -30degrees so probably not for a few days haha.
Damn. And DAMN.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news everyone, the power hatch has decided to start working again.

Bad news everyone, my wife signed us up for safe driver crap and I have to have big brother in Hector for 3 months. I'm an unhappy camper

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news everyone, the power hatch has decided to start working again.

Bad news everyone, my wife signed us up for safe driver crap and I have to have big brother in Hector for 3 months. I'm an unhappy camper
Yeah the hell with that safe driver crap. Allstate kept adding that to my account, I never asked for it. They never sent the stupid tracking thing but I ended up telling them to F off, went with Progressive and lowered my rates without anything watching how I drive. Otherwise it would go up instead of down.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hector Updates!
Nothing fun. The oem rear latch struts finally blew. Rockauto, less than $20, and literally 3 minutes and they are good as new.

However, perfect timing because I'm eyeing expensive upgrades to my sxs (turbski), I have a clunk in the front suspension. Might be bushings/etc or might be time to replace the kyb's.

Now, the real big question, do it right with a spindle drop (so much rust, please no), do coilovers or similar, keep same setup, go to stock ride height (haha jk).

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you at least get that safe driver spy thing out of it?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah thankfully. I work from home so not much driving anyway; just the principle of it.
Exactly. I switched companies because Allstate kept trying to sign me up for that. No matter how many times I said no. Then my new policy documents would come and it would say the “drive wise” discount had been applied even though I never installed that tracking device because I kept saying NO. My agent kept apologizing, saying he didn’t know why they kept saying that so I switched to Progressive. Creepy.

OP
OP
Drwinlied

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I switched companies because Allstate kept trying to sign me up for that. No matter how many times I said no. Then my new policy documents would come and it would say the “drive wise” discount had been applied even though I never installed that tracking device because I kept saying NO. My agent kept apologizing, saying he didn’t know why they kept saying that so I switched to Progressive. Creepy.
The only racket bigger than insurance is the cost of exhaust systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts