Count me in....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris brindley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think now days it’s all car dependent and not make and model, I had a Honda Odyssey and it was a total nightmare broke all the time, but somehow it gets the best reviews for most categories.
I have been ok on my Yukon but I it looks like the xl has a lot more issues.
One more thing to think of, the roads now days are absolutely horrid, I probably hit something horrific every month And cringe and what just broke the car are getting heavier and it just shakes them to death. So with every product from a toaster to a plane they just don’t build things worth a shit anymore and you just have to hope the factory workers were in a good mood on the day your product runs through.

OP
OP
G

Groucho

Reaction score
Just so I'm clear - you're running away from GM and towards Land Rover as a solution for reliability issues?

Yup...I have bought 9 new GM's in the past 12 years, including my wifes cars. They used to be reliable but the last 3 I have had have been crap....with no help from GM except saying "They all do that and we are working on a fix." Wanna see my stack of service sheets on the Denali?

OP
OP
G

Groucho

Reaction score
I would probably do the same honestly. In what particular years did you start noticing those characteristics? We were thinking of getting a new one in the future but wont know for sure til we test drive one.

It is any GM with the "Mag Ride 3". I had an Chev. Avalanche (2013) with MagRide 1 and it rode very nice.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup...I have bought 9 new GM's in the past 12 years, including my wifes cars. They used to be reliable but the last 3 I have had have been crap....with no help from GM except saying "They all do that and we are working on a fix." Wanna see my stack of service sheets on the Denali?
It's not worth an internet argument because your experience with GM products is unfortunate and Range Rovers are awesome.

In the aggregate, the data clearly shows Land Rover's reliability to be below GM's, but I can envision myself buying one at some point too.

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those issues must be very random, because I've had zero on my 17 Denali. I wonder if it has anything to do with where the Denali's are put together? Are there different manufacturing plants for the Denali line throughout the US?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A GMC Yukon is a truck and is designed to haul a heavy load. The suspension settles down to a nice smooth ride with at least several hundred pounds added to the rear. Those tall wheels with skinny sidewalls folks like do not contribute to smooth sailing over rough roads, any roads, either.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The suspension settles down to a nice smooth ride with at least several hundred pounds added to the rear.

Do you have a 2015+ with magnetic? Because I have put 500lbs+ of firewood in the back of mine and it still is brash and skittish.

My 2010 on the other hand was like driving a lazy boy. Butter smooth.

Last edited: