Count me in....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Groucho

Reaction score
After trying my best to love my 15 Yukon Denali...I couldn't take any more vibrations after hitting the smallest bump, and the Tranny slamming into 2nd. and sometimes third gear. The dealer was more than accommodating....but alas...he couldn't make it go away.
I watched as many got buybacks and others just gave up and bought a different make.
I am one of them now. I looked at a 18 Yukon Denali, took it for a ride and within a mile knew they haven't fixed the suspension.
I drove the Lexus big SUV, I drove the Audi Q-7, I drove the Land Rover Discovery and fell in love..with the Land Rover....In fact I drove 4 different ones, and was very impressed.
The price is comparable, the ride is much better and it does handle! Yup it's a 6 cyl. Supercharged and the engine isn't as good as the 6.2, but all in all a much better fit for me.
Best wishes to all....maybe I'll be back in a GMC some day when they get their head out of their *****.

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would probably do the same honestly. In what particular years did you start noticing those characteristics? We were thinking of getting a new one in the future but wont know for sure til we test drive one.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After trying my best to love my 15 Yukon Denali...I couldn't take any more vibrations after hitting the smallest bump, and the Tranny slamming into 2nd. and sometimes third gear. The dealer was more than accommodating....but alas...he couldn't make it go away.
I watched as many got buybacks and others just gave up and bought a different make.
I am one of them now. I looked at a 18 Yukon Denali, took it for a ride and within a mile knew they haven't fixed the suspension.
I drove the Lexus big SUV, I drove the Audi Q-7, I drove the Land Rover Discovery and fell in love..with the Land Rover....In fact I drove 4 different ones, and was very impressed.
The price is comparable, the ride is much better and it does handle! Yup it's a 6 cyl. Supercharged and the engine isn't as good as the 6.2, but all in all a much better fit for me.
Best wishes to all....maybe I'll be back in a GMC some day when they get their head out of their *****.

Did you drive/consider the Expedition Platinum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If your out on here, go to www.landroverworld.org if you want to be apart of a land rover forum.

shurik74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Land Rovers are nice! but I would recommend to get Lexus if in the same money pool, keeps value & runs with no issues vs British build vehicles. My 2c buddy

OP
OP
G

Groucho

Reaction score
I would probably do the same honestly. In what particular years did you start noticing those characteristics? We were thinking of getting a new one in the future but wont know for sure til we test drive one.

I noticed it the first couple of miles. The culprit is the "mag ride" shocks. The Caddy twin to the Denali has the same ride...and the 22" tires don't help any either....many complain of the harsh ride there as well. I even tried running less air pressure in the tires, not much help.

OP
OP
G

Groucho

Reaction score
Did you drive/consider the Expedition Platinum?

I did....but there was only 1 for sale within 50 miles of Albany NY. I was wary of the only engine offered, a 6 cyl. supercharged.
The Rover has a six supercharged ...is pretty quick and a tow rating over 8,000 lbs.

OP
OP
G

Groucho

Reaction score
Land Rovers are nice! but I would recommend to get Lexus if in the same money pool, keeps value & runs with no issues vs British build vehicles. My 2c buddy

I drove the Lexus...Seemed like a nicely trimmed Toyota. LR was the same price. The British cars seem to have shed the issues after 2014. Hell...I got 24 service slips on the Denali in 2 years...How bad could they be!

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed it the first couple of miles. The culprit is the "mag ride" shocks. The Caddy twin to the Denali has the same ride...and the 22" tires don't help any either....many complain of the harsh ride there as well. I even tried running less air pressure in the tires, not much help.

Could also be the solid rear axle (which is going away next year). Reason I say this is the Expy has their own version of MRC called CCD, and it’s very smooth. The main difference between the two trucks is Ford uses IBRS. We’ll see what happens next year when GM brings IBRS, it may just be a winner.

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations. I've owned a D1 and a DII.

bets of luck with it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157