Coolant Loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
a cup of coolant may or may not be enough to have the level to your hot level in the reservoir. all that a cup may have done for you was put enough liquid in the reservoir to float the switch up to turn it off. you CAN put dexcool back into the truck OR you can do a full system flush and go back to another antifreeze, but you'll have to make sure all of the dexcool is flushed out of the radiator, engine and heater core....ie the entire system.

Pat

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
If you have DexCrap in there now, you might as well stay with that.

If you've done a complete flush, I would go with the G-05 yellow coolant.

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
IIWY, I would just add DexCrap. The way you described the degas bottle, tells me it's Gen1 DexCrap.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
its most likely dexcool... thats what GM uses these days, its what i have... i have no problems but i also have no education on the matter... whats the problem with DexCool guys? why is the yellow shit better or is that just personal preferance?

I have a VERY small leak under my throttle body somewhere (not the TB coolant bypass either) and i have to add coolant in about twice a year. I just add 50/50 DexCool.... i wouldnt be apposed to doing a flush and changing fluids if i thought my truck would benifit from it though

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
How will someone flush out all the coolant, is there liekea drain plug?
Just wondering.....

OP
OP
jmildoc

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can buy a bottle of radiator flush that cleans it out....

My fluid is Yellow.... So I guess I can use any kind. I bought a tester and am going to see if its still good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts