Coolant Loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jmildoc

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a tester and tested it and it was not as new as I thought it was. It got no where near where it is supposed to, to be good. So what can I change it with? How many gallons should it hold?

Thanks

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
I would get a Prestone flush kit. Then 2 gallons od G-05 yellow coolant. Switch it over to that stuff. Or you can go tried and true and refill using the grenn stuff.

OP
OP
jmildoc

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get a Prestone flush kit. Then 2 gallons od G-05 yellow coolant. Switch it over to that stuff. Or you can go tried and true and refill using the grenn stuff.

what is G-05???? can i just get the prestone they sell at walmart that is "safe for all makes" ?

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
G-05, IMHO, is the new hotness coolant. It's yellow in color and from what I have seen, again just my opinion, it ranks right up there with the tried and true Green antifreeze.

But yea, you can just buy the safe for all makes, just be sure, IIWY, to get all the OAT type coolant out before you go with any HOAT type coolant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n