Control arms and ball joints advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigjimmy

Reaction score
Looking to replace upper control arms and lower ball joints on my 2008 Denali
Was planning on using Moog CK premium parts but have noticed Moog getting poor reviews lately
What would best,I’m looking for quality parts not cheap
I’d like to get this right first time as I live in Scotland and postage and import tax is painful!
Any advice much appreciated

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I just replaced all my front suspension parts with Moog. First impressions are positive. I did get their more expensive product line which IIRC is the CK you refer to. Only time will tell on durability, but my research gave good feedback. My only issue with sourcing here in the states is the packaging sucks and I had to order the lower A arms twice because the packaging broke open in transportation. The warehouse sends them out to Amazon or UPS without double boxing. So if you’re having to ship internationally I’d have a dialogue with the vendor to ensure your order is double boxed.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went through this for my 2006 Denali and I went with the moog control arms, ball joints, and tie rods. I ordered mine from rock auto.com. My only issue was they sent me several incorrect parts. That’s not moots fault. That’s rock autos fault. So far the experience with the moog parts is good!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you got great miles out of the original parts, why not order AC Delco GM original parts.
this
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM only. All the aftermarket "OEM equivalent" parts do not last anywhere near as long as the OEM parts. Which makes sense because they're a lot cheaper, they had to cut costs somewhere to get them cheaper. I also question the quality of the rubber used in the bushings. I know saying this will ruffle feathers but that's ok. My 08 and my 12 ride and drive better than most 15+ trucks (I've replaced almost all of the suspension on both with new OEM parts including the coil springs).

OP
OP
Bigjimmy

Bigjimmy

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.
My own experience with a QUALITY aftermarket part is it’s usually better than OEM (Denali only has 74000 miles on it and is not driven at all hardor off road and never tows!)
It’s finding that quality supply that’s tough

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but there are no quality aftermarket parts that are “OEM replacement” and none of them are better than the OEM stuff. They’re all garbage. They copy the OEM part and then make it for half the price. The only better stuff would be the stuff made for lifting and lowering which won’t work for a stock truck.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.
My own experience with a QUALITY aftermarket part is it’s usually better than OEM (Denali only has 74000 miles on it and is not driven at all hardor off road and never tows!)
It’s finding that quality supply that’s tough

I think I saw this question about front end suspension components, by you, in the lifted section. If you are lifted, that puts more stress on the components just from that, no matter how you drive it. I could be wrong and am sorry if I confused the post I saw but lifting changes angles and stress on all kinds of suspension and steering components, including hub/bearings because of the typically bigger and different offset of wheels and tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne