Contemplating Morimoto 2 stroke 3.0 to replace halogens in '15 Yukon... some questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VikYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm thinking to put the Morimoto 2 stroke 3.0 kit in to replace the stock non-HID headlights on my '15 Yukon. I had some questions that I'm hoping someone who has these Morimotos can help with:

1. Do I need the PWM module to prevent flickering?
2. Do I need housing cap extensions? If so, what size and type?
3. Is is relatively simple to install? Any issues with clearance issues to get the housing caps off?

Thanks!

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i only have the Bulbs themselves...No anti flicker device

fits behind stock bulb caps

super easy install, removal of pass side airbox only

could not be happier with my choice, for a plg and play vs performance...love them, and did exactly what i wanted

OP
OP
V

VikYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i only have the Bulbs themselves...No anti flicker device

fits behind stock bulb caps

super easy install, removal of pass side airbox only

could not be happier with my choice, for a plg and play vs performance...love them, and did exactly what i wanted
Thanks for the response! I’m glad to hear that. My set arrives this week and I can’t wait to put them in. So tired of the inferior stock headlights.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had them in my 2019, removed them for VLED micro extreme, both fit no problem behind the dust shields in the stock locations, there is more room than you think, paeeneger side was a pain because I had to remove the callaway air induction system

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan