Morimoto XB LED Headlight Swap- 2020 Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CamSA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just installed the Morimoto XB LED headlights in my 2020 Yukon SLT. I hate that on a 2020 Yukon SLT 4X4 GMC still has halogen headlights when 2012 Hondas come with LEDs. Smh.

Wanted to put LEDs in to improve the looks and to have much safer night time driving. I am so happy with the way it turned out. They are complete drop-in set. Out with the old headlights, casing and all, and your drop in the Morimoto ones. The installation was pretty easy when going step by step and watching the youtube install video they have up. The wiring and everything was easy as pie, it comes with everything you need. The part that takes the longest is getting the front bumper off so you can access the headlight casing. Once you get the bumper off the time to take out the old headlight casing and putting in the Morimoto's took 10mins.

The blacked out smoke look of the new Morimoto casing is awesome and they look amazing at night. Sequential turn signals look awesome also. No wiring or flickering issues at all. Very very happy with my purchase and worth the money, in my opinion. Pictures below of stock and then with the Morimotos.

64306241415__FE94BCED-E363-47A3-BA65-E6299C8EFB3F.jpg
IMG_6292.jpg
IMG_6290.jpg
IMG_6278 2.jpg

Last edited:

dfatownsend

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks great! I am seriously interested in these. Your OEM low beams were HID, correct? Or were they still halogen bulbs? My Denali has the HID lows and the halogen highs. Did you notice a major difference when driving at night from your old headlights? I’m trying to see how much more light output the XB’s will give and if it’s worth the switch. Any opinions you have would be appreciated.

tmarzetta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These look fantastic. These are also street legal which is nice as I’m researching the LED bulbs that are not so much. Were you able to get a discount or anything? Did you put in the matching Morimoto fog lights?

iksplizit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been looking into these headlights. I've been trying to find a compassion between the oem and these drl.

OP
OP
CamSA

CamSA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It was the best upgrade I have done to the truck. The nightime vision is excellent with the drop in Morimoto replacements. Plus the smokey look makes the headlights look great!

koachdaddy

Reaction score
It was the best upgrade I have done to the truck. The nightime vision is excellent with the drop in Morimoto replacements. Plus the smokey look makes the headlights look great!
I was thinking about performing this mod to my Tahoe but the pics on their website really make the reflectors appear to be bright orange instead of the subdued smoke color that yours is exhibiting.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about performing this mod to my Tahoe but the pics on their website really make the reflectors appear to be bright orange instead of the subdued smoke color that yours is exhibiting.

I think that may just be a slight difference between the GMC Yukon Morimoto XB LED Headlight versus the Chevrolet Morimoto XB LED Headlight.

Rolling through this video the orange corner reflectors on the Morimoto XB LED headlights don't appear to be any brighter or darker than the orange corner reflectors of the Chevrolet OEM headlights.

Personally; I think the Chevrolet Morimoto XB LED headlights look much better than the GMC Yukon Morimoto XB LED Headlights, they are also significantly brighter than the GMC Morimoto XB LED headlights when comparing the max lux output readings of the Headlight Revolution videos.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518