Colder plugs for 6.2. Help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem even after putting in new acdelco spark plugs. The hottest my cats got on the highway were 1400f. O2 sensor voltage was good. No vacuum leaks. Still have knock retard every five seconds on the highway. I just used hptuners to pull timing on those spots for now until i can figure out what's going on. Always used 93

OP
OP

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were at .40. So were the new ones. So far so good wish it was warmer so I could really test. It's idling fine. I pulled as much as I could and sat in some stand still traffic then pulled when I got a chance and no pinging so far. I'll update.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still have knock retard every five seconds on the highway.

Something similar happened to mine when BlackBear tweaked the tune with a little too much timing. We were trying to not lose 2 mpg between 65 mph and 70 mph. While I could not detect the knock/pinging by ear, the Tech2 and EFI Live picked it up on the scans. Put the old tune back in and am back on E85.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjbaker84

Latest posts