Cold Starting issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It it's not one thing it's another!!!! I had a few extra $$ to play with so I replaced the Throttle body assembly w/ Genuine GM 12629992, MAF sensor w/ACDelco 23256991, and the Temperature sensor w/ACDelco 213-4514. Now when the engine is cold like early in the AM cold it sputters, stalls and backfires but once the engine is warmed up, she purrs like a kitten and the rough idle issue I had before is no more. I did notice that the new temp sensor's plastic part where you plug it in is black while the old OEM one was white. All parts where purchased from Rockauto. I'm going to which the old temp sensor back to see if the issue resolves. Any other things to look at??

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My first wife had a cold staring issue, too -- the evil eye. Happened way too often. ;)

Seriously, look at live data with a scanner to see what the MAF and ECT sensors are reporting. Might give you a clue.

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there's an idle relearn for the new tb too?

check the resistance on both temp sensors first thing in the morning too. might help test the new one.

OP
OP
opfor2

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there's an idle relearn for the new tb too?

check the resistance on both temp sensors first thing in the morning too. might help test the new one.
I did the relearn with my bi-directional code reader so I don't think that's the issue for the truck idles fine once warmed up. I switched the old sensor back on and we will see what happens in the morning when its cold out

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reinstall the old sensors one by one, in the cold morning and see which one makes any difference. May have to do it over several days since you say it runs fine after it starts.

OP
OP
opfor2

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reinstall the old sensors one by one, in the cold morning and see which one makes any difference. May have to do it over several days since you say it runs fine after it starts.
Thats what I'm going to do. I already replaced the Temp sensor for my line of thinking is it has to do with the cold temp and it's 48 outside so we shall see. The next will be the MAF.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar