coil over conversion installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
So when will you be sending out some bushings for me & Atomic to try out?

Based on iregret's latest update it looks like a compromise between his bushings and my beefy bushings would work fine. If you or Atomic can get me the measurement to make the diameter of the bushing and washer then I'll start after I pick up some steel to make the washers from. I think the washers can be 2" in diameter and the bushings will be 1.75 in diameter, but I don't have a set of his uppers to test against.

Last edited:

Atomic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gave my required measurements earlier I think. 1.25" max washer diameter for mine, and bushing of the same size probably. I already have washers.

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
I gave my required measurements earlier I think. 1.25" max washer diameter for mine, and bushing of the same size probably. I already have washers.

I lost that detail in the mix of all these threads when they were active, thanks for reposting it. :)
I'll churn out a set of washers for you with an OD of 1.0" (0.25" smaller than the washer) for you then, which is the guideline I've been using for my other setups. You've got a PM.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I lost that detail in the mix of all these threads when they were active, thanks for reposting it. :)

Yeah, our threads have kind of died, not much really to keep reporting anymore. I need to update mine, just have been really busy with life and school.

Glad to see his bushings are holding up still as well.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Craig - Hows it going w/ the coil overs?

Still got them in or did you revert back?

OP
OP
04blackout

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate it. Ordered up everything I need to go back up and it all should be in by monday... gonna be sitting on keys and spacers, bilstein 5100's, and 285/70/17 mud claws wrapped around 17x9 v-tec raptor wheels

It sucks bc I absolutely LOVE the look, but the ride is just plain horrible on anything other than perfect roads. I'm also not trying to go through another winter being super paranoid of all the nasty potholes in town. Should have it all swapped out next wknd

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate it. Ordered up everything I need to go back up and it all should be in by monday... gonna be sitting on keys and spacers, bilstein 5100's, and 285/70/17 mud claws wrapped around 17x9 v-tec raptor wheels

It sucks bc I absolutely LOVE the look, but the ride is just plain horrible on anything other than perfect roads. I'm also not trying to go through another winter being super paranoid of all the nasty potholes in town. Should have it all swapped out next wknd

oohhhh..

Are you lifting it? 17's Did you try it w/ smaller wheels? Ordered all the parts is what got me. Did you sell the tbars or something?

Wonder why you and billy's ride quality is so bad. Mine still rides like a lowered truck, but not bad enough for me to go back to tbars.

Sucks to hear though, but i understand. If mine was that bad i would of been swapped out already.

Hope you get your ride quality back.

Guess im the only one again w/ coil overs.

OP
OP
04blackout

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oohhhh..

Are you lifting it? 17's Did you try it w/ smaller wheels? Ordered all the parts is what got me. Did you sell the tbars or something?

Wonder why you and billy's ride quality is so bad. Mine still rides like a lowered truck, but not bad enough for me to go back to tbars.

Sucks to hear though, but i understand. If mine was that bad i would of been swapped out already.

Hope you get your ride quality back.

Guess im the only one again w/ coil overs.
You may not think it's as bad as I do, but I've never had a lowered truck before so it's a whole new experience for me. I gave it a solid 2yrs but I just can't do it anymore. Its a combination of the whole package, bad ride, bottoms out all the time, tires get into the fenders like every day, potholes can ruin my whole day...

Didnt sell T bars, but I did sell the stock coils and got rid of sway bar links... basically had to buy sway bar links, coils, bilsteins, lift keys, spacers, tires and wheels. I got about $1450 in everything bc I found a set of almost new tires for $500. Guy bought them and after 2k miles decided he didn't like the noise anymore

I'll have a barely used set of QA1 coilovers and adjustable shocks for sale real cheap, real soon:chair:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may not think it's as bad as I do, but I've never had a lowered truck before so it's a whole new experience for me. I gave it a solid 2yrs but I just can't do it anymore. Its a combination of the whole package, bad ride, bottoms out all the time, tires get into the fenders like every day, potholes can ruin my whole day...

Didnt sell T bars, but I did sell the stock coils and got rid of sway bar links... basically had to buy sway bar links, coils, bilsteins, lift keys, spacers, tires and wheels. I got about $1450 in everything bc I found a set of almost new tires for $500. Guy bought them and after 2k miles decided he didn't like the noise anymore

I'll have a barely used set of QA1 coilovers and adjustable shocks for sale real cheap, real soon:chair:

Ah... all makes sense trust me, we are all different. Mine has been lowered basically since i got it and is the first SUV i have ever had. So being up high felt weird. lol.

Sounds like your lifting now, higher than stock. Thats my next plan maybe.

If you had the longer shocks i would buy them from you, but all have the same ones i do. Im sure if you post them you will sell them. Lots of interest about this.

Either way, good luck with your ride and hope you get it all sorted out and back to the ride you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali