coil over conversion installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
04blackout

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 2150 on the whole thing, ~150 on the bushing mount... and ive been driving the piss out of it lately

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, fender is sitting right at 32" from the ground now on 305/35/24... thats officially lower than the advertised diameter of the tire

Hey, this was probably asked, but do you know how far up the shock you were when sitting at 32". thats my goal and wonder if going to the stud top would be alright or put the shock at the wrong height. I.E. would i have to buy another shock.

OP
OP
04blackout

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It makes the shock extended too much. Its not at its max, but its almost 10.5" and max extended is 11.125

After seeing that I cranked it down a bit until I can swap it back to pro comp. I tried to swap em out the other day after work and I couldnt get the pro comp mount I there without dropping the arms. So I abandoned ship and reinstalled the stud top. Need a couple hours free to get that involved. Its still rough in the rear, it still has some sway, and I still need the camber kit... oh and im STILL thinking about returning to my stock suspension for the sweet ride

OP
OP
04blackout

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Got a whole slew of life updates, but the truck is really on the back burner right now... good news is that the bushing and stud top seem to be holding up just fine. Also pretty much decided to stay low and go with tony's 6" rear springs and lower the front to match, on a smaller diameter tire... but I've been put on hold til we get the house all done and moved

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a whole slew of life updates, but the truck is really on the back burner right now... good news is that the bushing and stud top seem to be holding up just fine. Also pretty much decided to stay low and go with tony's 6" rear springs and lower the front to match, on a smaller diameter tire... but I've been put on hold til we get the house all done and moved

LOL, updates on the truck fool. ha ha..

Im contemplating going w/ tonys springs or selling the truck. Good to hear the bushing is holding up on you still.

Hope family is doing well.

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
Got a whole slew of life updates,

I hope things are smoothing out for you, it seemed quite bumpy there for a while for you and your family.

but the truck is really on the back burner right now... good news is that the bushing and stud top seem to be holding up just fine.

I'm glad to hear this, but as solid as those washers and bushings are I'm not surprised.

Also pretty much decided to stay low and go with tony's 6" rear springs and lower the front to match,

I really love my 6" drop springs that I got from Tony.

on a smaller diameter tire...

You can join my club of running a smaller rim+tire combo. :)

digitalfiend

Expert Overthinker
Reaction score
So when will you be sending out some bushings for me & Atomic to try out?

Good question. I've had to slow production until I get a new way to cut the washers (the parting tool for my lathe broke) and then I've got to find a source for more 4340 since my regular supplier is out. I could be ready as early as next week to do another set of them, but I only have enough 4340 for one more set.

On a positive note, I have plenty of polyurethane. This is a really good thing because this stuff is hard to find in the 95a hardness.

A couple days ago I shipped my second set off to Bomba02 that should be arriving for him tomorrow - but they're for stock upper mounts. Once I have a better method to cut the 4340 I'll need to check my notes and confirm the dimensions with Atomic before I make a set for use with his uppers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman