Clock on Factory Radio Resetting Randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

The clock on my factory radio has randomly been resetting itself. It seems to happen when I start the vehicle and it will be at 12. I will reset the time and then anywhere form 1 day to a few days later it will reset. Anyone experienced this? I have not experience any starting issues but the battery is 2-3 years old. I am leaning towards a new battery solving the issue but wanted to check if anyone else experienced this. its a new one on me.

OP
OP
G

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small update. My alarm will no long arm or disarm on the vehicle. Still starts fine but I am going to take the battery in to get tested.

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine used to do the same thing, and still does but rarely. Check the ground strap on the back of the engine to make sure its not loose, as well as your battery ground. I ended up doing the big 3 ground mod, and it rarely does it now. Never had an alarm issue.

OP
OP
G

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to have been the battery. Got the battery tested and it was in bad shape. New battery and no problems since. Alarm was something un related, bad remote. Thanks!