Adaptive Cruise slams on brakes randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's on the wifes 16 and she was just telling me the other day that it put on the brakes for no reason at all and did something else wierd.....
i told her to just turn it off, when i was test driving it before we bought it I tried to make it do a lane correction it only worked once, i guess the road conditions have to be just perfect for it work.
part of it I think is that technology doesn't like how I drive, I drive how I drive and it just goes wtf... lol alert, alert, tone, alert, seat buzz pffht **** that
You can turn lane correction on/off. Crossing the lanes while on without using your signal will flag an alert. Alert type can be audio/visual or AV plus seat vibration, your choice.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can turn lane correction on/off. Crossing the lanes while on without using your signal will flag an alert. Alert type can be audio/visual or AV plus seat vibration, your choice.
that's why I say this technology and me do not get along, I do not comform and it's glitchy there is no reason for it to slam on the brakes when there is no one around nor for it to do any other wierd shit. It's bad enough if I drive over a bump and the stupid traction control kicks in for a second and cripples your throttle, that can be dangerous.

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also cannot stand the lane centering features and I turn those off. When I have used it, it feels like a constant wrestling match with the vehicle. It does not do well when there are lane shifts, construction, or anything "unusual" that we humans deal with all the time.

I do admire the technology and do not mind experimenting with it, but I have to be able to turn it off.
Yea, I've noticed this when passing on a 2 lane road - feels like the wheel is fighting me as I cross lanes. Haven't figured out how to turn this off - tried a couple of things but it's still fighting me.

And that 'going to hit something' (car or person) rapid flashing goes off too much - such as when someone turns into a lane going the opposite direction and some other edge cases where there's potential (car is close) but really it's just a common traffic occurrence and no cause for alarm.

EGTroup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have 2023 Yukon Denali w SuperCruise. I find that in heavy traffic with cars merging and changing lanes both adaptive cruise control and super cruise often act late and reactively. They cannot anticipate very well and tend to overreact.

The semi-automatic lane change works ok in light traffic but automatic lane changes in traffic are scary.

I get the auto BRAKE warnings sometimes but no actual breaking on the highway. However, I have had the brakes slam on while parking due to a branch or nearby pedestrian. The hitch can completely prevent the car backing up unless you turn on the “hitch installed”
setting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019