Aftermarket radio cuts off when not moving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cstiles90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought this Tahoe a couple days ago with a non working radio..turns out the previous owner cut the factory harness to the radio & then cut the speaker wires to bypass the factory amp behind the glove box.i got a aftermarket radio to put in it so I just strait wired the speakers off the head unit to where they cut the wires behind the glove box.it works but it has a crazy problem now that I got it working.when the vehicle comes to a stop the acc wire loses power so the head unit cuts off .it generally comes back on when u get to moving again.i used my voltmeter .the green wire I connected to the acc wire of the head unit is the only wire that gets power with the key in the on position & loses power with the key off that i could find.i have the battery wire connected to the all time 12v wire like it should be..has anyone else had a problem like this.the only thing i can think is maybe a bad ignition switch or maybe i need to find a acc wire from somewhere else to power the radio on

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Oe of the audio guys will chime in soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660