Clay Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just used Meguiars clay bar & gold class wax. It worked pretty good. However their were still some hard water spots on the hood that didn't come out. They weren't visible till after i WAXED IT.:emotions122: They have been their for a while. Going to clay bar again and probably try Scratch x.

Attachments

• DSC00564.jpg
    DSC00564.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00565.jpg
    DSC00565.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00572.jpg
    DSC00572.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00580.jpg
    DSC00580.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00585.jpg
    DSC00585.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 40

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Looks good, I had to do mine twice with a clay bar to get the majority of the particles off.

Chris@glimmerglass

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Truck looks great! I like the last pic. I can see what you mean in the hood pic though.

:word:

I would do this next time, or now if you want to redo it. Wash w/ Vinegar (diluted of course). This should help to remove the deposits/water spots. It'll only remove the minor/light/surface ones though. Rewash to ensure the vinegar solution is all rinsed off. YOu dont have to clay again, but if you really wanted to, you could just to make sure you got everything the first time. Then use the P21s Paintwork Cleanser that you were linked to above. Then go ahead and rewax.
And yes, that water softener/cartridge helps tremendously imo. On top of reducing the chance of water spotting, the water is slicker, soap foams up better, and there is actually less water to dry on the vehicle once you're ready to dry. :Handshake:

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx for the feedback. Actually I now have a water softerner system in my home with and outlet in the garage for the rides. I got these spots before and neglected removing them right away. I read about the water vinigar thing but was afraid to screw up the hood. If I may ask is the vinigar water solution clearcoat safe. :sorrysign:Sorry I just hear stuff like etching and acid wash which makes me wonder. P21s does that have to be done with a buffer or can it be done by hand? Excuse my ugly picture but I impressed myself with the reflection I just had to.

Attachments

• DSC00582.jpg
    DSC00582.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 3[1].jpg
    3[1].jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member