Clay Bar Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Boyd

Boyd

Reaction score
Hey Guy's and Gal's!

I finally carved out a few hours to try my theory with clay bar and car wash. It worked fine and I had it knocked out in a few hours (and I have OCD)!

What I did was load up my car wash bucket with some soap and just went at it with a wash mitt on one hand and clay bar in the other. I did sections at a time followed with rinse, run the soapy mitt over it and rinse again.

Then I just ran it through the local full service car wash. Here's what it looked like when I got home. Now just 5 more steps and this paint will be restored.

Thanks everyone for your input and support.

20180110_140246.jpg

Vegasmarc21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m typically just use a standard clay bar. I will say this though, I tried chemical guys new clay block, over the summer, not sure if it’s supposed to be like a synthetic clay bar or not, but the block is awesome. It’s pretty durable and picks up just about everything. And the best part is if you accidentally drop it, you can just rinse it off with clean water and keep going. It’s pretty cool. I highly suggest checking it out.
Is the chem guys clay block reusable?

Vegasmarc21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guy's and Gal's!

I finally carved out a few hours to try my theory with clay bar and car wash. It worked fine and I had it knocked out in a few hours (and I have OCD)!

What I did was load up my car wash bucket with some soap and just went at it with a wash mitt on one hand and clay bar in the other. I did sections at a time followed with rinse, run the soapy mitt over it and rinse again.

Then I just ran it through the local full service car wash. Here's what it looked like when I got home. Now just 5 more steps and this paint will be restored.

Thanks everyone for your input and support.

View attachment 190378
Nice....but it sounds like you clayed the the sections as you washed the suv? That's I guess a way to compared to washing 1st then claying then rinse....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9