Chrome Rims with curb rash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set of 20" OEM chrome rims, with curb rash, pitted chrome.

I don't need chrome... painted would be fine. Is there a company that refinishes wheels ?

My local area is forbidden to re-chrome, or use nasty chemicals....

Can they be fixed, and painted black ?

or just sell them and buy aftermarket wheels on ebay ?
Not that I'm a fan of after market …..

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
powder coat?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powder coating is great, but not cheap.

you can file the rash areas smooth, then prep aka scuff the hell out the chrome, then paint. duplicolor makes some good wheel paints.

then theres also smoked chrome paint, its black but lets the chrome kinda break through. looks pretty cool to me. metalcast line iirc. also duplicolor.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a couple shops by me here in pa that does wheel refinishing. they have a few things they wont touch but they can fix quite a bit. cracked spokes, gouges that that are just too deep and in bad spots, or if its just bent so far its pointless

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
If you decide to tackle painting them yourself...

Scuff them really well as previously mentioned BUT make sure to use a good SELF ETCHING PRIMER on the wheels before painting them.

The SE primer will "bite" into the chrome better and be less likely to come off.