Chevy tahoe ppv interior light with door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadrian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello
My interior light doesn't turn on with my open door which then tells me that if someone breaks in and opens the door the alarm won't work... It's a 2008 chevy tahoe if anyone can help me out I'd like to know how to connect the two together?

Thanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sensor in your drivers door locking mechanism isn't working and needs replaced.

It use to be on a button type switch on old school cars, now i's built in to the lock mechanism inside the door.

I"m guessing the PPV would be the same as a regular tahoe

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a button on the headlight switch that turns the dome lights off. I don't think it has anything to do with the alarm.

I don't know if the switch is similar to the 2013 I have, but there is a knob ... if you push it, it comes out. when you turn it the lights get brighter/dimmer, there is a little stop/click before you turn it all the way clockwise (that's where mine sits).

Below that button is actually a switch, but seems like a cheap/dinky one.. if you push it the lights come on/off all together, if not mistaken. I have been messing with that combo when I first had the car and it seemed confusing. Same 'symptoms' as you have, pretty much.

Ron

OP
OP
Canadrian

Canadrian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank guys for the reply no in the manual of the police package tahoe I have it says by default the interior lights are not connected to the doors when they open for discreet police use. The stock alarm is supposed to go off when someone opens the door and triggers the interior lights on. With no lights connected someone can just open my door and take whatever they want with no alarm going off.

Yes I have the same button as you guys for the interior some light I can manually turn it on when I turn it clockwise and that's what I do when I need lights to see in the dark.

OP
OP
Canadrian

Canadrian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update : lol there's a button that says interior light off so I pushed it and now works like normal when I open the doors my interiors now turn on haha I didn't think it was a button

20180706_183503.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64