Changing setup to JL Audio subs any thoughts...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a setup of 3 10" L7's that were pretty old. Finally two of them took a dump. So I had been going round and round on replacing all three. The cheapest I found was $507. Well I was about to order a set this week when I came across a setup already ready to go less than 2 months old. It will be 3 12" JL Audio W3V3's for $300 bucks! I think they should sound pretty clean and still hit pretty good what do you guys think?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
are they already in a box? Or you adding them your exsisting box?

I fear not of used electronics, like amps, they either work or they don't. Problem buying used subs, you have no idea whow they were played, or condition of the coils and soft parts.

New woofers for $207 more, warranty and no change on box.

OP
OP
Racie

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea thats a good point they are hooked up still so I can listen to them. He is also giving me the box that they are in...

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
your call man....I think Brandon on here bought three used subs, worked for about a week, then BOOM, two went out.

Just adding another point of view man, will back you either way :D

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i buy used subs when they are less than 33% of current retail.. thats my personal rule of thumb.. think about it this way.. wholesale on those subs new.. is about the same as you are paying used.. so in SOMEONES eyes.. youre still paying NEW prices.. know what i mean?

But money is all relative anyway.. and so are fair prices... so if 300$ is a cool deal to you.. scoop them..

CarAudioBuy has them for $129 new... just sayin.. and i think my cost is like $79

and boxes? **** a box.. i never let a box change the deal unless its a box i really want.. like something built specifically for a car i happen to already own..

$50 a sub and $50 for the box.. imo.. is about the best id offer him

OP
OP
Racie

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i buy used subs when they are less than 33% of current retail.. thats my personal rule of thumb.. think about it this way.. wholesale on those subs new.. is about the same as you are paying used.. so in SOMEONES eyes.. youre still paying NEW prices.. know what i mean?

But money is all relative anyway.. and so are fair prices... so if 300$ is a cool deal to you.. scoop them..

CarAudioBuy has them for $129 new... just sayin.. and i think my cost is like $79

and boxes? **** a box.. i never let a box change the deal unless its a box i really want.. like something built specifically for a car i happen to already own..

Ahhh....thanks for that information MOB I can use that tonight!

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
JL subs are pretty bullet proof. I would do it. I LOVE JL stuff. I have purchased used w3's on eBay before and have never had any issues. The used amps I bought were a different story>

OP
OP
Racie

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yea I went to the site and they were $30 a piece shipped so they are around $160 total each...

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
never include shipping in retail though.. $129 is $129 ... that is the value of the speaker.. what UPS gets doesnt make them worth more.. know what i mean?

$200 for that setup is fair.. imo.. $250 if i was hard up for set of subs.. plus..

75% of speakers sold now a days have a warranty on them.. the rest are used.. lol

Tell him youll give him $200 and he can keep his box.. then after bullshitting a minute and looking for screw drivers hell offer you the box for free or ask for another $50 .. tell him $25 and go home happy:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160