Change the color of your 00-02 Tahoe/Yukon AC control backlights with LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the digital controls are different. Just slightly different though. The install is very similar. I did digital controls for a member on here, Z-56HOE.

and tahoewhat. lol.

jdixon74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Tahoe and my HVAC has 3 boards in it. I had to trace everything because what is listed in the OP does not exactly work with the 3 boards. The small board with the original 3mm lights on it does however by resisting the wire for the whole board. The 2ndary board that has the 4 5mm lights on it however i had to resister the last 2 LEDs instead of skipping like in the OP. And be careful on soldering the PCB as you can easily rip off the metal traces while putting in the LED feet. I did but i scratched off the area around and just soldered to it.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Tahoe and my HVAC has 3 boards in it. I had to trace everything because what is listed in the OP does not exactly work with the 3 boards. The small board with the original 3mm lights on it does however by resisting the wire for the whole board. The 2ndary board that has the 4 5mm lights on it however i had to resister the last 2 LEDs instead of skipping like in the OP. And be careful on soldering the PCB as you can easily rip off the metal traces while putting in the LED feet. I did but i scratched off the area around and just soldered to it.

You have the Automatic climate controls then. That panel is a bit more involved, but still similar.

Nuuze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I recently bought a used 2002 Tahoe and came across this board. Been lurking reading all the tons of great info here! So here's my first post...

The AC control buttons on the bottom work but the lights don't for the four buttons below. (Fresh/Recirc/AC/Defrost) I was wondering if this is a common bulb problem that can be purchased and resoldered or can it be somethig else? What size bulbs are these and can they be bought at Radio Shack or Frys Electronics? Thanks!

Nuuze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I recently bought a used 2002 Tahoe and came across this board. Been lurking reading all the tons of great info here! So here's my first post...

The AC control buttons on the bottom work but the lights don't for the four buttons below. (Fresh/Recirc/AC/Defrost) I was wondering if this is a common bulb problem that can be purchased and resoldered or can it be somethig else? What size bulbs are these and can they be bought at Radio Shack or Frys Electronics? Thanks!

Disregard, they were burnt. I was able to swap them out to LED bulbs after reading the thread. Thanks!

jaykel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Scottyboy i really need ur email addy, im deployed in afghanistan right now and can only get on the internet for about 15mis a day and i have a 03 tahoe z71 with the heated seats and the digital out read for the ac controls and want to do everything all four doors, everything in the dash, i already read where you got the leds and resistors from and ima get the ons for the puddles, glove box, doors and over heads from superbrightleds.com i just need a breakdown on what you think ill need from oznium.com to do the rest, and i kno ill need 10 for the cluster. if you could get back to me at [email protected] it would be great so i didnt waste 10 of those mins trying to get the forum loaded...thanks man

tino ramirez

Reaction score
scottyboy, i have an '03 tahoe with the LCD screen. i just took a look at the circuit board and it seems pretty easy to do. i just have a couple of questions. would i still put the resistor in the grey wire? also, i'm going to use a 3mm blue led bulb, would i still use the 330 ohm resistor as well?

UGA Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a sweet look. I would love to get started on my 05 tahoe but I am not very good with electrical components. Maybe another day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckeyeglazier