Change the color of your 00-02 Tahoe/Yukon AC control backlights with LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the difference between these than a 03 up. They look the same to me when i pulled mine out and looked at it. but not sure..

Actually, as long as you don't have the digital screen on your 03+ AC panel, it is pretty much the same. I'm not sure if the bulbs are wired in series or not, but I know they are soldered to the board in basically the same fashion.

PUNKYOU007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you buying your LEDs? I replaced all my lights in my truck with Leds from Superbright, i used the cool whites. Any idea what LEDs I would need to match the look of them?

Seems pretty simple. Been wanting to do the A/C controls since I did the cluster.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you buying your LEDs? I replaced all my lights in my truck with Leds from Superbright, i used the cool whites. Any idea what LEDs I would need to match the look of them?

Seems pretty simple. Been wanting to do the A/C controls since I did the cluster.

For LED bulbs, I've bought them from V-LEDs.com For the bare LEDs I use in the Doorswitch and AC panel conversions, I buy them from Oznium.com. You can buy LEDs pre wired with resistors already, or just plain bare LEDs as well.
When I do AC panels, I use the bare LEDs since the resistors are different values. I use 330 ohm resistors in the AC panel since the bulbs are wired in series.

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who want LEDs in your AC panel and interior switches but arent comfortable soldering, I can probably do them for you. Just PM me.

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, This is a badass write up!!! Thank you very much for taking the time to post this up. Well written and the pics are great!

Couple of quick questions.....
Which one of these are the positive and which is negative? I get that only need a resistor on the circled pair, but which hole is +? Looking at this from left to right?
acpanel.jpg

I just did my speedo, lower AC controls and door switches, but didnt know where to put the new LED's on the upper dash AC controls. Dont want to mess it up soldering in and out. lol

Also,
I have not taken it down, but are the overhead AC controls the same.?

Thanks again Bro, I am half way there thanks to your post. :Handshake:

Midgetclown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awsome write up man.... i resoldered all my switches and stuff like 4 months ago. I wish i had one of those little power supplies like you have, i had to run outside, plug in the switches and touch the leds to different sides to figure out what side was +/- haha.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

And lance.... this is what my upper ac controls looked like in the end. I used leds that didnt need resistors and ended up having to add a bunch more so there werent dead spots.
SpeakerandLeds062.gif

OP
OP
S

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I know I'm super late but are the digital controls way different and are they just too complicated for an amateur to tackle?

Yeah, the digital controls are different. Just slightly different though. The install is very similar. I did digital controls for a member on here, Z-56HOE.

jdixon74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got all my LED's for my 2002 Tahoe. Going to work on it tonight :) I'm very excited to have it finished soon. Thanks for the fine write up on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE