Ceramic coating for wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought new wheels for Steph's accord and would like to apply some coating so they'll stay clean with a touchless wash. They're oem wheels that are black/brushed. Any suggestions?

I have a bottle of carpros dlux plastic and wheel coating that I never opened but is from early 2020. Would it be safe to use?

Pic of wheels
IMG_6925.jpeg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I’m not crazy about chemical guys, especially after the last couple years where their prices have sky rocketed, when I picked up my 2021 take off wheels in may of 2021 that were brand new, I had a bottle of CG carbon force coating, a three year coating product. I clayed each wheel, gave them a light quick polish and then coated them. It has held up incredibly well through all the nastiness that winter has thrown around the last couple years. Water still beads up and blows right off the wheels pretty easily after a wash. Keeps the brake dust down too which is nice, though my brake pads help with that as well since I run carbon fiber ceramic pads.

I use dura-coatings products now for all my ceramic coating detail work. They work incredibly well. Good on pretty much any wheel surface. They also make a killer long term water proof tire shine product that I really like.

OP
OP
pwtr02ss

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I’m not crazy about chemical guys, especially after the last couple years where their prices have sky rocketed, when I picked up my 2021 take off wheels in may of 2021 that were brand new, I had a bottle of CG carbon force coating, a three year coating product. I clayed each wheel, gave them a light quick polish and then coated them. It has held up incredibly well through all the nastiness that winter has thrown around the last couple years. Water still beads up and blows right off the wheels pretty easily after a wash. Keeps the brake dust down too which is nice, though my brake pads help with that as well since I run carbon fiber ceramic pads.

I use dura-coatings products now for all my ceramic coating detail work. They work incredibly well. Good on pretty much any wheel surface. They also make a killer long term water proof tire shine product that I really like.
Thank you for the feedback. I'll check out the dura coating stuff. I've never used ceramic coating but I'm trying to keep these looking nice while using touchless car washes. Her original wheels are scratched up from the non-touchless washes and I don't want these looking like that

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. I'll check out the dura coating stuff. I've never used ceramic coating but I'm trying to keep these looking nice while using touchless car washes. Her original wheels are scratched up from the non-touchless washes and I don't want these looking like that
I hear ya on the car washes. I always tell my clients to avoid them at all costs. Between the recycled water running through the system that’s full of crud, and all the crud caught in the spinning brushes its a finish killer just waiting for its victims lol.

Ceramic coatings are awesome though. Worth the effort it takes to install them for sure. I’ve had great experiences using dura coatings products so far.

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear ya on the car washes. I always tell my clients to avoid them at all costs. Between the recycled water running through the system that’s full of crud, and all the crud caught in the spinning brushes its a finish killer just waiting for its victims lol.

Ceramic coatings are awesome though. Worth the effort it takes to install them for sure. I’ve had great experiences using dura coatings products so far.
Absolutely agree on the non-touchless washes. Might as well run som 80 grit all over your rig!! And unfortunately, there are very few touchless washes near me in Tyler. Just one that’s halfway decent, and it doesn’t do a good job. I’ll admit, it’s made it much harder to keep my Yukon clean, like I used to.

OP
OP
pwtr02ss

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up using the carpros dlux that I had on hand. It was expired but unopened and stored it inside. It was liquid and clear. I cleaned the wheels with a mixture of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water. 8oz of IPA in a 32oz bottle. Happy with the results. We'll see how it holds up

IMG_7048.jpegIMG_7049.jpeg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up using the carpros dlux that I had on hand. It was expired but unopened and stored it inside. It was liquid and clear. I cleaned the wheels with a mixture of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water. 8oz of IPA in a 32oz bottle. Happy with the results. We'll see how it holds up

View attachment 419456View attachment 419457
Those look great! Yeah as long as the coating product is unopened and still liquid it should work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan