Ceramic coating for chrome wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Just curious what product you guys would recommend for a ceramic coating on chrome wheels?

I know a true, wiped on, ceramic is probably best but I didn't know if any of these were worth trying?

rps20200408_164358_431.jpg
rps20200408_164424_289.jpg

rps20200408_164451_292.jpg

rps20200408_164515_911.jpg

rps20200408_164559_955.jpg

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
rps20200408_164753_915.jpg

rps20200408_164824_215.jpg

Any recommendations appreciated.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use Maguires for just about everything. never really liked the look mothers products gave me but its not bad. and i use turtlewax carnauba hand wax gives me vehicles a nice long shine for a wax.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aside from a couple of dedicated people there's alot of people nowadays that dont do anything with thier vehicle except keep the trash out of it. not saying people are dirty but there are alot of dedicated detailing shops anymore. ontop of that i dont know about anyone else but i do a pretty good job with my vehicles but im no professional detailer. then the time it takes to do all the work. i recall a thread a while ago about a bunch of people on this forum actually get that ceramic spray coating for thier whole car. 3 people personally i know just drop thier car off at detailers just because the level of work they do.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wax the back of all my chrome wheels with Meguiar's gold class and just clean the front with soap and water. I don't see the need for ceramic coating them if you take care of them in the first place.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
aside from a couple of dedicated people there's alot of people nowadays that dont do anything with thier vehicle except keep the trash out of it. not saying people are dirty but there are alot of dedicated detailing shops anymore. ontop of that i dont know about anyone else but i do a pretty good job with my vehicles but im no professional detailer. then the time it takes to do all the work. i recall a thread a while ago about a bunch of people on this forum actually get that ceramic spray coating for thier whole car. 3 people personally i know just drop thier car off at detailers just because the level of work they do.

it’s ok to say it. People are dirty. Only 1 of our 6 kids, youngest is 26, keeps their car somewhat clean.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

I agree. I try to keep mine clean and presentable as much as I can. I used to have more time for that before I had kids but it is still possible. I am in a situation where the PO of my current ride took really good care of it with the exception of the wheels. The road de-icer and brake dust got the best of the back sides of the wheels.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing wrong with going to a professional. you dont have the extra time but the funds to do it. they just do alot better job than you. one way or another atleast the vehicle being kept clean. id probably have it professional done if i wasn't spending the extra cash on parts when i actually have the cash. not alot of extra cash right now in my house right now anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic