Cats r cut off. How to create dummy o2 sensor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
funny there was no mention of off-road only i think. besides the basic principal still stands: in short you f***things up when you tamper with that system. it only makes the engine run worse.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Your thinking too hard. Just a non fouler will do dirt cheap aswell. Hell my prelude has a test pipe o2 is in fine no codes thrown

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok , now what is the type of connector for the rear sensors?

afterthoughtsauto_2270_225611857.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pmackiniv

pmackiniv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Front o2 sensors are what affect fuel misture, rear 02's monitor if cats are working. Can either get them tuned out with a PCM tune, spark plug foulers, or try what a kid in my class did and use zener diodes. His idea was to wire in a zener diode that would ground out extra voltage so the voltage going to computer would simulate a properly running catalytic converter.

Not sure if he was blowing smoke but when I drove his Tahoe there was no SES light. He had true dual straights with no cats

What are Zener diodes, and how could they be used to fix the issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Would I install the non fouler a in the rear sensors? I'm gonna give it a try, if I can get hold of good enough instructional video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Javie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your thinking too hard. Just a non fouler will do dirt cheap aswell. Hell my prelude has a test pipe o2 is in fine no codes thrown
Ik now this is old but wondering if your non fowlers worked if so are they the 18 mm size?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Javie- correct, !8mm for this vintage.
Pmac- Zener diode swap in is a ford trick, doesn't seem to work reliably in this vintage GM. 50/50 results. cheap though. So are non foulers, except for the platinum ones that work for a week.
Sunlit- Glad to see you back on the board more, your input always welcome by me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos