Cats r cut off. How to create dummy o2 sensor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Or you can not violate federal EPA law and put the proper converters back on. besides removing them just causes more performance issues. it effects your powerband in a negative way.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not violating any laws :) and I couldn't find any new in the local market :D

So can we proceed?

The beauty of the 3rd world's

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the front o2 sensors handle mixture the rear basically make sure the cats are working
to explain it better your vehicle pcm starts in open loop mode this basically ignores any siginal from the front o2 sensor and your pcm runs a rich mix untill the vehicle warms up to proper temp then it goes into closed loop and starts accepting signal from the o2 sensor to adjust the mix properly

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I am not violating any laws :) and I couldn't find any new in the local market :D

So can we proceed?

The beauty of the 3rd world's

well aren't you special.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

the front o2 sensors handle mixture the rear basically make sure the cats are working
to explain it better your vehicle pcm starts in open loop mode this basically ignores any siginal from the front o2 sensor and your pcm runs a rich mix untill the vehicle warms up to proper temp then it goes into closed loop and starts accepting signal from the o2 sensor to adjust the mix properly

popular misconception and not accurate, entering closed loop is not engine temperature dependent. heated oxygen sensors are used because they can heat up faster and activate to provide mixture feedback. once activation temperature of the sensors have been reach it will enter closed loop mode. while coolant temp can effect change in the mixture it is not simply rich or lean, it can change it to anything in between.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Cats are over rated... Well not my guy he just likes to sleep and go outside

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL Removing cats causes negative performance issues ... someone better tell all the guys at the race track to put some back on so they can perform better.

Guys with cats ... you need to turn in your man cards hahahaha

autolover3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front o2 sensors are what affect fuel misture, rear 02's monitor if cats are working. Can either get them tuned out with a PCM tune, spark plug foulers, or try what a kid in my class did and use zener diodes. His idea was to wire in a zener diode that would ground out extra voltage so the voltage going to computer would simulate a properly running catalytic converter.

Not sure if he was blowing smoke but when I drove his Tahoe there was no SES light. He had true dual straights with no cats

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
again, the rear sensors do have an effect on the fuel trim. put the proper parts in there and stop trying to screw with your emissions system.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front o2 sensors are what affect fuel misture, rear 02's monitor if cats are working. Can either get them tuned out with a PCM tune, spark plug foulers, or try what a kid in my class did and use zener diodes. His idea was to wire in a zener diode that would ground out extra voltage so the voltage going to computer would simulate a properly running catalytic converter.

Not sure if he was blowing smoke but when I drove his Tahoe there was no SES light. He had true dual straights with no cats

True he is right that is my idea too, after studying how the O2 rear signal emulator works, it is the same the idea is it send or respond to the ECU so if we found away to figure how it should respond and do it then it well be solved

Sun: our talk is for off road use only and other countries (don't have emission laws) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal