2007 Tahoe O2 Sensor Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadracer6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK so I'm trying to figure this one out. Got a code for bad o2 sensor and looked under the Tahoe and noticed the 4 wires hanging down for downstream sensor on drivers side. Went to inspect it and the connector is completely missing. This may have been this way for a while. We purchased this used and there has always been electrical issues. I had ordered 4 new o2 sensors and was about to install them. I did find 4 wires that appear to be cut. I'm wondering if something chewed them off or if they got clipped by the shaft and got ripped off. Here are some photos.....can anybody tell me if these 4 go to the sensor and if so, how do i get a new connector in there or maybe what type and how the wires go.
Thanks a ton! This is a 5.3. The cut wires appear to be pink/purple/gray/brown. 20240526_123003.jpg20240526_123042.jpg20240526_123012.jpg

iamlegion

Reaction score
This is the 2021+ forum, you may have better luck if you move this?

OP
OP
R

Roadracer6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is the 2021+ forum, you may have better luck if you move this?
I realized that after I posted. Trying to do just that....if anybody can link me to the how I will do just that. I'm new to this forum and trying to navigate it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally assist you with your issue, but other members of this Forum much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are all of your o2 sensor connectors like this, or just this one? Which connector is this one (from the photos it looks like drivers side after cat)? If so, then yes those wires do go to that sensor. Here’s the one from my Denali.
I know that RockAuto sells the wiring harness/mating connectors as well as the sensors. I’m not sure if your p/n is the same as mine, so double check that before purchasing.

GM - 15306319 (ACDelco PT1373)

O2 Sensor (downstream after converter) - GM GENUINE 2134229

The removal/damage could have been a “repair” by the previous owner, or could have been an oops from something as dumb as running over a big limb in the road. I’ve seen sticks rip a wheel speed sensors wires from its harness, so anything is possible.

IMG_6624.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msp2640