Cats r cut off. How to create dummy o2 sensor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pmackiniv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have my cats coletely cut out, and I've heard rumors that there might be a way to trick the o2 sensor into making it believe everything is normal to keep the engine from running so rich. I always have to wait a bit when I first start up the truck for it to run somewhat smoother. If it's not the o2 sensor causing a performance problem, I was going to look into vacuum leaks. I also installed a cold air intake, some have said that May not be helping my case either. Open to all suggestions. Thanks.

83 Bimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's not the rear oxygen sensors causing the problem, their only purpose is to check to make sure the converters are working properly. Are there any other fault codes stored in the computer besides the converter codes?

What kind of shape is your ignition system in?

Is the intake installed properly with the MAF?

Do you still have the factory fuel injectors or the updated injectors?

OP
OP
pmackiniv

pmackiniv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If the MAF. Was installed backwards, would it still work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the cats and yes I am getting this codes (p0430 and p0420) I am looking for a solution too

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pmackiniv

pmackiniv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it's not the rear oxygen sensors causing the problem, their only purpose is to check to make sure the converters are working properly. Are there any other fault codes stored in the computer besides the converter codes?

What kind of shape is your ignition system in?

Is the intake installed properly with the MAF?

Do you still have the factory fuel injectors or the updated injectors?

I still got factory injectors. What would you suggest for upgrading injectors?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
yes. and i have said it once and i will say it again. the rear sensors do play a minor role in effecting the fuel trims to ensure that the cats work the best they can to a certain degree.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honda owners have a way which is to place the rear Ox sensors away from its original place by using L shape steel tube so smoke well be way less than now

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

83 Bimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like to me your running problem could be caused by either something going on with your ignition system or you might even have a leaky injector that's flooding out one cylinder over night and making it misfire for a while upon first startup.

as far as the cats go the cheapest and easiest way is to use a spark plug non fouler, you can search on google and find out exactly how to do it. Technically speaking though tampering with your emissions equipment especially the converters and oxygen sensors is illegal, if you get caught or not is a different story. Do it at your own risk

OP
OP
pmackiniv

pmackiniv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sounds like to me your running problem could be caused by either something going on with your ignition system or you might even have a leaky injector that's flooding out one cylinder over night and making it misfire for a while upon first startup.

as far as the cats go the cheapest and easiest way is to use a spark plug non fouler, you can search on google and find out exactly how to do it. Technically speaking though tampering with your emissions equipment especially the converters and oxygen sensors is illegal, if you get caught or not is a different story. Do it at your own risk

I'm gonna try cleaning out the MAF first along with a non fouler to start. Injectors are super expensive for me right now. Those other two options are well worth giving a try. I appreciate the help man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts