Catch Can disappointment pics inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mooman

Reaction score
Thats how its hooked up

Um,I believe you have the hoses backwards. The air needs to condense at the filter from the PCV, drop down into the can, and then the air sucked up through the side into the IM.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ivin74

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Um,I believe you have the hoses backwards. The air needs to condense at the filter from the PCV, drop down into the can, and then the air sucked up through the side into the IM.

I will try this set up if I keep getting oil up to the intake.

Last edited:

mooman

Reaction score
I will try this set up if I keep getting oil up to the intake if.
I have my set up for about 2 months now. I have drained A LOT out due to my engine having 271k. But never any oil up top. As far as I can tell.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that's the case Chris. Both valve covers have hoses going to the intake and or throttle body. If one were to remove the hoses going to the intake and or throttle body and plug them off the MAP sensor has no connection now with the crankcase. In addition, new hoses fitted with breathers at one end and the other connecting to the valve covers could be used to vent the crankcase. Ideally these would be mounted upright and above the valve covers.

Through all of this, I never thought about capping off the fresh air inlet side. I've been focusing exclusively on the dirty/oil side. Also, if not ran hard, there may not be enough pressure built up in the crankcase to be concerned with in the first place.

Yes, the MAP would only see manifold pressure at that point and the crankcase would be vented, but not with any vacuum assistance. I suppose if you made the venting large enough, the lack of vacuum wouldn't be a factor. The inlet side could have an adequately-sized breather on it as well. Hmmm... Maybe the worst case would be the breather soaking with oil? Or it may not at all.

This shouldn't even be a discussion at this point because you should've already been testing it. What's the hold-up?!:p

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This shouldn't even be a discussion at this point because you should've already been testing it. What's the hold-up?!:p

The breathers and some other parts came in Saturday but we have a busy week ahead with our first grandson about to be born. Still chasing FT issues and picked up an inch pound torque wrench for the intake and ordered some straight flute bits to remove that busted swaybar bolt. Most everything is in, just need time. Breathers will be last though.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The breathers and some other parts came in Saturday but we have a busy week ahead with our first grandson about to be born. Still chasing FT issues and picked up an inch pound torque wrench for the intake and ordered some straight flute bits to remove that busted swaybar bolt. Most everything is in, just need time. Breathers will be last though.
Bumping this to find out if you ever installed your breathers...

I'm kicking around the thought of a catch can... they seem a bit pricey for what they are...

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Bumping this to find out if you ever installed your breathers...

I'm kicking around the thought of a catch can... they seem a bit pricey for what they are...

Do it. James let us know he wouldn't be around for a while, and I can't speak to his breathers.

I can, however, tell you that I take 2oz out of mine every interval (5000). In the course of just my ownership of this truck, that amounts to a soda can full of oil that's not in my intake.

mooman

Reaction score
I recently put one on my 6.2 Yukon Denali. I pull a solid 3oz of blowby **** every month it feels like. So far, I have pulled damn near a qt of blowby vapors and I havent even hit an oil change yet. I do beat the hell out of it though.........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19